Immigration lines?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Jul 27, 2008.

1. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just reading an article about the lines to get into mx being long. Has anyone that has been there recently experienced this? How long was it? What time of day? Day of the week? We are taking our trip in sept and would like to know what we face. Better yet anyone been there on a Fri at about noon?

2. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is hit or miss. Saturday has been the worst day for us probably because it's a big travel day. A lot of people go from Sat. to Sat. on vacation. We have waited as long as 2 1/2 hrs. to get thru. We usually travel during the week now because of our work schedules & had better luck. Last year walked into the building & nobody was in line. Got right thru only to wait 45 min. for our luggage. One year waited 1 1/2 hrs. for our luggage because the baggage guys went on lunch despite the airport being packed. We could see them outside sitting by our luggage. :mad: Just remember you are on vacation & try not to let any delays bother you. Your transfers will wait. Have a nice trip & give us a trip report when you return w/pics please :wink:

Scott

3. miked

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wont let delays bother me just trying to get prepared. Hopefully going on friday will make the lines smaller. I will give a report when I return, hopefully have lots of pics. I bought a waterproof camera for this trip and have a second digital camera that works great for the night life, and extra memory cards. After all we will be there nine days thats 216 hours and i only need 5 hours of sleep a day. Thats a whole lot going on

4. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was pretty long this year. Over an hour. Last year at the old terminal it was empty and we walked right on through. The only thing about the wait is that you are waiting to start your vacation...who wants to do that? LOL! Just try to be patient. We booked our transportation through a link on this sight and they were still waiting when we came out. :D

5. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is really hit or miss. When we arrived in May there were no lines at all, in fact we were the first ones to the immigration booths and we went straight through and our bags were also the first ones off the conveyor, it was almost weird it was so smooth, but we have seen it the other way too!!!

6. miked

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What day of the week did you go down there?

7. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BUGGER - we get there on a Saturday!!
    xxxxx

8. miked

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In one of the other forums the said the later in the afternoon you get there the worse it gets. I'm getting in on a friday at noon I hope that's early enough to beat the lines.

9. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We arrived on a Saturday but we had an early flight. We arrived at 9:45 am

10. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We usually go on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. Lines aren't to bad and airfare is cheaper! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice