imm at terminal 3

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by cancunroberto, Mar 16, 2008.

1. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    my plane leaves at 10am need fm3 cleared to leave what time does imm office open or should i do it day before?? where are they in terminal 3?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    INM is located in a cave at Terminal 3. Walk from the ticket counters towards the escalators that go up, but instead of going up go right down a hall. Then take another right and INM will be on the right in a pathetic tiny windowless office with no air.

And if you are lucky the person working in that office will have some idea what to do. Lately they've been putting newbies in there so it's slow going as they reinvent the wheel.

That office opens at 7 am, so for a 10 am flight you should go maybe at 8. Even with a newbie in that office it won't take more than 10 mins.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kathy,

I am in and out of this office monthly. Kim's directions are perfect.

This time of year there may be a line due to Spring Breakers who have lost their FMT's and the airlines send them to IMM to get a "permit" to leave the country.

On Sunday there were 5 or 6 (who is counting) ahead of me. I always have my FME filled out in advance so when there was a chance I just handed it to the agent and was out of there quickly. What they do with the "breakers" is to give them a form and a pen and point to some instructions that are taped to the wall. You can easily leap frog them if you are ready.

If it is convenient you can go there a before your flight and ask for ____ FMEs and it is no big deal. When you come into Mexico from the US or Canada you can also get them from the flight attendants when they hand out the FMTs and Customs forms. THESE FORMS HAVE RED PRINTING. Do not use the FMEs with black printing. Just tell the flight attendant that you are a Mexican and they will not know the difference and give you the form. I believe this is th form that a Mexican national gives to Immigration when they enter the country from abroad.

I am asusming that you have an FM3 and this is why you need one. It is a 3 part form. IMM keeps one, gives you one folded into your FM3 and you give the other to the airline. In addition to the common sense things you need to enter on the FME you need your Passport Number, the FM3 number, the airline and flight number for your DEPARTURE from Mexico.

I hope this extra info is of some help. Oh yeah, I tried to get an FME at IMM downtown and was told that they did not have them available. I found this hard to believe but hey, what the hell.

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ is right on. The only thing to add is that the copy of the form that they fold up and put in your FM3 is the one you will give to INM when you RETURN to Mexico. So don't loose that one.

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oops.

Thanks Kim. Spot on as Steve would say.

6. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My FM3 is in process and I am leaving on a short trip next week. I've already sent copies of my tickets to Immigration and will have a letter giving me permission to leave the country...I've never had to leave with this letter before.
    Can someone tell me #1: Do I have to go to the Imm. Office at the airport with this letter to get cleared to leave, or do I just go straight to the ticket counter with it? #2: If I have to get this cleared through Imm. at the airport, and they don't open until 7am...what in the freak do I do if my flight leaves at 7am??

Thanks!
    Kris

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kris - I don't know the answer to your first question, but if I find out before someone else posts I will post.

The answer to your second question is that IMN is always there, they have people working 24 hours, it's just that the office everyone knows about opens at 7. But there is another INM office where the agents work the night shift. So if you do need to see INM just get the airline rep to call the INM office and get someone to come down.

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    INM

Rivergirl,

I had heard you can go to the INM office at the airport on the day before your flight, if you had an early departure. Is that true?

Susan

9. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Susan - Well probably but you are not supposed to. You are supposed to get your FM2 or FM3 stamped the day you leave. If there are early flights leaving the agents on the night shift have to check the people with FM2s and FM3s so it won't be too big a deal even if the salida office is closed.

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Kris,

I just saw your post. Here is the deal. You take the "letter" that you get from IMM in Centro and take it to IMM at the airport just as you would take your FM3 if you were leaving the country.

You fill out the red FME form but don't put anything where you would normally check the FM3 block and therefore you do not put your FM3 number since you don't have it.

The IMM guy will give you one copy of the FME for the airline and will give you one copy stapled to your letter.

When you return to Mexico just present the IMM officer the letter with the FME attached. He will keep the FME and stamp the letter and give it to you.

You are to take the letter to IMM en centro and just turn it in at the window on the far right. Don't even think of trying to turn it in at the counter.

HERE IS THE BEST ADVICE THAT YOU WILL GET ON THIS QUESTION. MAKE TWO COPIES OF THIS LETTER, AND WHEN THE GUY IN THE WINDOW STAMPS THE ORIGINAL, WHICH HE KEEPS, HAVE HIM STAMP THE OTHER TWO FOR COPIES FOR YOU. THIS IS A DATE STAMP THAT THEY PLACE ON THE LETTER. What can happen is that they can "lose" your letter and deny your FM3 application because you did not turn it in, even though you did.

This happened to me one time but my atty had a copy and so did I and when the stamped copy was presented to them I had my FM3 the following day. BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice