I'm heading home :(

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by AussieBabe, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lauren,
    That's a dreadful way to end a trip to Cancun.
    How long were you knocked out?
    Didn't anyone help you? Were you alone at the time?

2. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not too sure if I passed out and hit the floor or hit the floor and passed out but I have no memory of it whatsoever and I was out cold at some point, possibly for many hours because I don't remember much between about 1.30ish and 11am maybe about 10sec or so, if that. My sister was standing 1 person apart from me but she saw nothing and has no idea either but we were with a group of guys from Brisbane and some girls they were hanging out with who were from somewhere in the states. The girls apparently tried to help me. We hadn't been drinking at all during the day and were only at the club for little over 1 hour before it happened, very weird, so we don't think it was alcohol related.

3. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wow lauren. i hope everything is ok. and theres nothing seriously wrong.

heal up quickly and get back to cancun to enjoy the rest of yourholiday...

did you come home alone or did your sister come wiht you?

4. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear to hear that you are ok. Sounds like somebody may have slipped you a "roofie" (spiked your drink). Not sure if that was the case but it sounds similiar to incident that Dawn went through some years back here in our area. We were out one evening having drinks and later in the evening she was "out". The next day she said that she was alright until a certain part of the night and then suddenly she remembered nothing. We had only had a couple of drinks that evening and the bartender was a new guy that had just moved here from out of state.

It is sad to hear that you had to curtail your trip and might need additional surgery. Everybody usually leaves Cancun in bad shape (after the exceptional partying) but you have went beyond that.

Hope your recovery is a speedy one!

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gosh at lest you were with people. And not like in the bathroom or something..

Wow. So the doctors have given you the one over and you are technically ok.?

6. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We both came home, doctor here seems to think I'm ok and kinda lucky it was all that happened because he thinks like zibbyzap that our drinks were likely to of been spiked. I'm still a bit sore especially in my left side of my body, & have no feeling to the upper right side of my face at the moment but it should come back in about 6 weeks. Lost my photos but I'll have a scar as a memory of my trip, haha :lol: . I want to go back but it's so expensive, maybe in a couple of years to make up for the mess this trip became.

7. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    you dont get anything back for coming home early?

8. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Refund on accommodation, is about the only thing I'll see everything else is just recovering costs like getting a new licence, changing flights, replacing phone & camera etc. Talk I might be going to Queensland or North Queensland later in the year now with Mum and Dad, but I dunno.
    At least the weather here is actually much hotter here then Cancun at the moment so while I'm still off work and can work on my tan and go back very dark, lol :lol:

9. apple

apple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ugh yeah. god thats the pits replacing all that stuff. geesh.

this is too bad. it really sucks.

i heard about the heat wave in austraila this morning while sat in my bedroom freezing cause our furnace died again for the 3rd time this winter and the house was only 57 degrees this morning. :evil: stupid thing is new too.

hope everything elsegoes smoothly for you

10. babyskys01

babyskys01 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel so bad, that is horrible...Are u still planning on sueing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice