I'm going to see Nickelback!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by carrie77, Jul 12, 2007.

1. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WoooooHooooooooooo!!! 5 days and a wakeup!!!!!!!! (Slipped on the countdown... I've been at the trailer over the weekend.)

I may have to work Sunday morning...... Grrrrrrrr! I'm going to see what I can do to maybe work Sunday night instead beause the show starts at 7, and it'll go until at least 10, then trying to get out of there and get home..... yeah, I'll be home about 2 or 3, and you know I'll still be hyped and telling my honey all about it.... that means I'll be up until at least 4 and they're nuts if they think I'll be ready to work at 8! I'll probably still be drunk!!!!

2. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nickleback went big here with the first big hit and have just slipped away now. Alt rock just doesnt do well here though. Hate music here charts is dominated with cheesy pop, indie and rnb.

3. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WooooooHooooooooooooo!!! My friend will be here to pick me up at 3, then its off to the venue for a lil pregame warmup. She's got the beer and I've got the Patron........ WoooooooHooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have fun drink up scream loud :lol:

5. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mission accomplished!!!!!!! Perfect day....Awesome night! I found out right before I left that Black Stone Cherry would be playing tonight in addition to Nickelback and Staind. We parked at like 4:30 or 4:45 and started drinking. We each had three beers and a baby bottle of Patron Reposado. Gates opened at 5:30 I think it was but we just sat and drank until like 6:15 and we were like we better go because the show was to start at 7. We got in no problem and actually pretty quickly. We cleared the gate and found a beer stand. We got guitar yards and made our way toward our section 201.

We stopped at the merch stand and got matching hoodies and some things for our guys. We found our seats and got settled just after 7. Black Stone Cherry was already playing. They sounded pretty good but no one was really into it. It was like background music when we were waiting for Staind. While the stage crew was switching the set for Staind they were playing some awesome music on the PA. Chop Suey from System of a Down, Leper Messiah (I think) from Metallica, and South of Heaven from Slayer. Some guy like three rows behind me yelled out SLLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I was in heaven cuz Slayer and Pantera are my two faves ever!

Staind was awesome! They did a lot of songs I absolutely love and sounded amazing! I got another yard and life was good. I don't remember between sets this time........ mmmmmmmmm beer!

Nickelback came out with insanity. Animals, then Woke Up This Morning. My two favorites from them. They did lots of songs I like, sounded great and had some pretty sweet pyrotechnics too. Another yard just before they cut off beer sales........

An absolutely amazing experience....... every thing I could have hoped for!

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounds like you were quite the party animal haha....i like black stone cherry, im sad to see no one was really into them :cry: glad to hear you had a great time though

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad you had a great time.. I'll have to find my pictures with Aaron Lewis, but I have the couple from Nickelback on hand... I loved the both of them.. I saw Staind with Trapt & 3 Doors Down, and when I saw Nickelback, they had Chevelle & Breaking Benjamin with them..

Here are a couple of pics from Nickelback, and i'll look for the ones with Aaron Lewis later...

Daniel Adair – Drummer, who use to be the drummer of 3 Doors Down too.

[​IMG]

Ryan Peake – Guitar, Vocals

[​IMG]

8. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was so awesome! I blew up everyone's phones with texts and calls. I'd call someone and yell into the phone whatever song they were playing and hold the phone out so maybe they could hear it too, then I'd yell I'll call ya later.... then call the next person.... Absolutely one of the best times of my whole life! I wanna do it again!!!!!!!!! My friend took videos with her phone, so maybe I can connect her phone to my computer and get the videos and post them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice