I'm a genius...4got my contact lenses at home!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Goddess!!, May 24, 2007.

1. Goddess!!

Goddess!! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am a genius...

In my rush this morning to the airport, I forgot to pack extra disposable contact lenses....I'm sitting in the airport now stressing out....

Can anyone help with a place where I might be able to score some in the hotel zone? I've got very bad eyesight and I'm worried that I may need to replace them sometime between now and Tuesday. Please help!

2. berries

berries Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

I don't know if this will help...but there is a Walmart just outside of the hotel zone..I'm not sure if they have a vision centre in it but it could be one place to check...

did you pack glasses as a backup? I wear contacts too...but fortunately for me, my perscription is so light that I could go without them..

good luck :D

3. berries

berries Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh...btw...

you can get on 1 bus that drops you off right outside of walmart...an easy trip to make..

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, Walmart has an optical center, I buy my contacts there. If you've got an easy prescription they will have it on hand. If not, there are lots of optical places around, Costco is another one that comes to mind.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    they also sell them at costco.

6. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Goddess!!, let me also add that I had forgotten to pack my cleaning solution for a trip I took this past December. I could not locate the same type of cleanser anywhere. What I decided to do was to take my lenses out each night and soak them. This extended their life and I made it through the trip with no problem. This may be an option for you to consider if you can't replace your lenses.

212eric

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Goddess

You have some solutions as you can see. But the bus is not the 1, it is the R-2 that takes you to Walmart. R-1 turns onto Tulum and then you are going away from Walmart.

Another suggestion, is similar to Eric's. If I get in a pinch I try to gently clean mine and they are the disposable type. But you will be screwed if you tear one so soaking may be a better solution.

8. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    T.J., do you wear contacts too? Great point on soaking lieu of cleaning with a finger in case the lens is delicate and can tear easily.

As for R-1 buses, I don't know why so many people think those are the ones that go to Wal-Mart when in fact it is the R-2s.

212eric

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not only do I wear them but I always keep a spare pair in my shaving kit. I have astigmitism or whatever it is called and cannot buy off the shelf ones.

Good luck to the Goddess.

10. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope you guys aren't talking about soaking them in water. Trust me...you don't want to fool around with your eyes

I've seen some gross stuff by not taking care of them.

A girl came into the office today...her eyes as red as a fire engine because of neglect.

Don't be so vain....where your glasses if you have to!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice