I'll have a "pat-down", please

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, May 8, 2010.

1. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    These are different times V. You may not like and neither do I. But till we get the terrorists to stop scaring us every day we fly for stupid reasons we have to put up with the challanges that is placed in front of us.

I do not care who sits in the room on the side and sees a photo image of my body which is blured to a degree since they are looking for something specific that we may hide on our bodies. Sooner or later this person will get bored with all the ugly bodies and it will be like looking at the blank wall. The guy who pats me down in person is a different story since they do not do it for every passenger and they probably get some thrill out of it with certain people while hate it with others. But that to me is tougher to handle then my body on some monitor elsewhere.

Also for people not being seen again when marching this way is too far off the beaten path and your mind needs to wake up to reality here a bit.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I understand your point, Gabesz, and people will vary on how intrusive this or that procedure will seem to them, personally.

For a routine process, applied to every passenger, regardless of the perceived level of risk posed by a particular passenger, the scan is getting about as intrusive as it can get, short of a body cavity search.

We'll have to live with whatever measures are taken, but there may be a point where what is asked is getting to be too much, and Americans will say, "Is this really necessary?" It doesn't appear we've reached that point, yet, for the majority of people who fly.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honestly I don't think so. In the end what will win out is the fact that people just want to get to their destinations and get through security as quickly as possible.

Is there a line that would be too far. Sure there is. The cavity search would bring air travel to a halt. *L*. But I'm betting as long as the security measures aren't physically invasive the people will accept them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice