Iki RestoBar - Don't Miss It

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Oct 24, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wanted to post to say that Iki RestoBar, located in Parque de las Palapas, is definitely a don't miss it restaurant.

I've been there twice now, once for my birthday dinner, and once for someone else's birthday gathering. The decoration is lovely, it's very casual and comfortable and beautiful. The food is great, it seems to be kind of a Thai-international-fusion. The prices are reasonable. And they even make good margaritas (which is rare imho).

I'll be going back often. In fact I'm taking a visitor from out of town there this weekend. My visitor might tell me she wants Mexican food, but I'm taking her to Iki anyway.

Both times I've been there it's been busy, which is great for the owners since they just opened at the end of the summer.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went there a couple of nights ago and loved it. Reasonable prices, great food, yet not what I would call traditional spicy Thai, but very very good nonetheless.

I will be back for sure.

That front door is interesting in that it is surrounded by glass on 3 sides and it made us wonder how well it is supported.

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The food is Asian influence not Traditional Thai however you can request spicyness to your taste. Next time you go notice that the front door has a 2 inch thick steel frame that supports it.

4. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Spin,

I actually got up from the table and went to "inspect" the door, thinking that I would find it framed with steel beams. It may be steel but I doubt it would hold up to a strong head on wind. Oh well, I just won't go there in a strong wind.

Uh oh. Is this one of your places?

5. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ding ding ding. That would be correct TJ!

6. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No offense intended. I think it is expected that everyone posts their opinions honestly which is what I did.

Sorry Spin.

The most important part of my post is that I love the place- the food, the service, the location, the decor, the menu. The whole deal.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I agree, food is great and prices surprisingly low.

I wish it were open for lunch or in the afternoon though, with a 3 yr old it's not very easy for us to visit as often as we might like.

8. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It will hold up to Hurricane force winds, no offense taken at all glad you liked Iki. Remember we have LOTS of experience with Hurricanes over 20 years and have not had a single loss due too wind, water is a different story we did loose our deck at Laguna Grill but that was the force of the waves from underneath that took it out, doors windows and the Palapa all held.
    Steve eventually we will open for Lunch but now it is hard to find personel to cover Dinner.

9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I went there again last night and again the food was great. It was after 10 pm and the weather was not so good but the food sure was. I asked for some Thai spicy sauce and got a portion. In typical Thai fashion it was filled with flavor and hot enough to make my eyes water.

Spin - I took a very close look at your fancy door and could not budge it. Upon closer inspection it appears well engineered and installed and I withdraw my earlier comment about it being able to withstand a high wind.

I even came back after closing and backed my SUV into the opening from the street. Then I nudged it against the door and gave it a good push. It did not budge. It was a tight squeeze and my tires were spinning. I don't think I made any dents in it either but could not hang around and have the policia catch me. :evil:

10. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now we can both rest knowing the door will not blow away at Iki. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice