If weed were legal would you smoke it?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by NormsKid, Jul 24, 2004.

?

If weed were legal would you smoke it?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends on the person I spose, as to what buzz you prefer and what buzz you get. I prefer booze personally, but have had a few good laughs on weed also in the past (When you say weed, are we talking about grass or solid?). Haven't done it for a long time though & won't be doing it anymore, cos of the giving up smoking bit. Doing both together would make me ill or go to sleep, so not recommended!

As to illegal booze, we can get Absinthe here now, they even sell it in our subsidised bar at work but I aint having none thanks! My mate Lee got out of his tree on it and was mumbling all sorts of crap! :lol: I'm sticking to vodka! (and Baileys Glide - anyone had it? Baileys blended with vanilla in small 1-glass bottles, yum yum!)

There's my opinions!

Jen

2. Watson

Watson Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haven't had that Jen but though I can handle the Orange Dreams, Bailey's no good for me. Too milky. Upset stomach.
    Please keep them coming though. I know I'll find another great drink receipe from you.

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes...I was referring to marijuana, aka wacky tabaky, mary jane, MJ, an various other "slang" terms.

Thanks for contribuiting your opinions.....

Michelle

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Shoot, I don't even smoke tobacco. There's no way I would start on weed. Wild Turkey or Bacardi, and fine congac or tequila are my preferred poison!

5. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    User of both... here's my take...

-I don't like all booze, just like I don't like all weed.
    -You can go to bar, sit on the patio and get a good buzz going at 5-6 beer an hour. Which also means about 3 bathroom stops an hour starting in the second hour. Limit that to 2-3 beer and hour with a dube or two, and you're talking 1 pit stop / hour.
    -Different booze give you different buzzes... weed is just a different buzz
    -Much less expensive, much healthier (in above moderate qtys)

Probably a bunch more, but I'm at work, so... I don't think one is necessarily better than the other. I think they should be looked at the same; a good bud is not much different from a good drink. Some times you might feel like a couple cold beer, another time, maybe a good scotch, another, maybe a fresh bud...

Long term, the only real difference is that it's much easier to get addicted to booze than to weed, which could be a downside on the booze... but hey, so is everything else. When's the last time most of us walked the 7 minutes to the corner store instead of drove?

6. Opie

Opie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never done any kind of drugs as I am already too High on life itself!

However as I do have glacoma and have bad pain in my eyes from time to time I would consider it for medical reasons! But will never consider it until such time as it would become legal.

7. alexie

alexie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    God bless the herb!
    I love booze as much as the next lush but if I had to sacrifice one or the other for eternity the liquor would be Gone! \m/ ;P

8. alexie

alexie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. GolfHo

GolfHo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Michelle – long time no chat.

You mean it’s illegal now? Ah, no wonder……

Can you imagine if it were legalized what it would do for ding dong sales? Load up on the Hostess stock!

Here’s my uh, er, [cough] casual observation as to the differences:

Weed:
    - no hang over
    - usually (with some notable exceptions) makes you mellower than booze
    - the cost is so outrageous it should be against the law to charge those prices, it’s currently more expensive than gold
    - can put some people in either a temporary euphoric or vegetative state
    - has been blamed for being the springboard to harder drugs
    - favored by Democrats (according to Hannity)
    - has been know to make certain users paranoid
    - poison of choice for the counter revolution of the 60’s, and come on who doesn’t want to ‘tune in, turn on, and drop out’
    - worse case scenario after over indulgence: buying out every piece of candy in the 7/11
    - illegal sales puts nothing into the government coiffeurs
    - medicinal purposes – a whole laundry list

Booze:
    - massive hangover potential
    - can make you 7 foot tall and bullet proof while enabling your super human powers and your sudden urge to exercise those powers
    - less expensive
    - can put some people in either a temporary euphoric or vegetative state
    - has been blamed for being the springboard to marijuana
    - favored by Republicans (according to Colmes)
    - has been know to make some users run for President
    - poison of choice for any major revolution
    - worse case scenario after over indulgence: in jail after busting up a bar (excluding driving while drunk)
    - legal sales adds to the government coiffeurs
    - medicinal purposes – cleaning out a cut

I’m all in favor of legalizing both marijuana and its close cousin hemp. Hemp first though, it’s a great alternative to clear cutting forests for wood products.

Like others have said it just depends on the person as to how you’re going to react.

10. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice