Ideas for fun 10th Year Celebration?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Wisconsinlady, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Wisconsinlady

Wisconsinlady Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings. Well, in a couple weeks my two girlfriends and I will be arriving in Cancun for our 10th trip, 10 years in a row!! We always love our time in Cancun and have fun no matter what. Due to the hurricane, we are now staying at a different place for the 3rd year in a row. We have been tossing around trying something different this year, that we've never done before, to help celebrate ten years of great fun with awesome friends. Our days consist of lounging on the beach but our nights are spent eating at fun places and dancing. We have never been to Lorenzelos, and this is something we're considering. I'm wondering if you could toss out some ideas for us. Thanks in advance for the ideas!!!

2. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are literally hundreds of restaurants in Cancun, and if you are inquiring about alternative places to dine, it may be better for you to suggest what type of cuisine you are most interested in eating.

That being said, I recommend that you consider Lorito Joe's Lobster Shack. If you enjoy seafood, this place has wonderful fare and you can also get discounts there with the Entertainment Plus 2x1 Card. There is a link at the bottom of this page, scroll down, click and you'll see their offers.

Of course when dining in Cancun, I love having Mexican food. Since you have visited Cancun so many times, I assume you have been to most of them. One place that you probably have not eaten at is sort of a hidden establishment known as Azure. This is the restaurant at the Bel Air Collection, and I think it is a very underrated place.

For Italian cuisine, there are several excellent choices in Cancun now. Some of the finest include Cenacolo, La Dolce Vita, Alfredo di Roma and a newcomer operated by Lorenzillo's known as Limoncelo.

I can go on and on, but rather than do that, since I am not sure if you are asking for recommendations for restaurants, I'll call it a night here and wait for your reply.

212eric
    CANCUN TOP 100

3. Wisconsinlady

Wisconsinlady Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the informaiton. What we're looking for is mainly what we don't frequently get while living where we do----great seafood (lobster and shrimp) and great Mexican food. We've hit a number of the more popular ones--Captains Cove (one of our favorites but it's been closed the past two years we've been there do to the hurricane), Perichos, Mango Tango and of course the chains. If you can go from this, please feel free to suggest more. Thanks again. :)

4. jakif

jakif Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wanted to let you know that Captains Cove is open again and is bigger and better than ever. We ate there several times in April this year. Have a great trip. I can't wait to get on that plane on the 15th!!!!

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WIlady I'm in Minnesota and like you dont get the great seafood often. When In Cancun if you are going Downtown try El Pescador's on Clevlas sp?? right down from Burger King, we have been going there for the last 7 years and end up going at least twice a trip. Great price and fantastic service, one time it was raining and he used a big beach umbrella to get us to a taxi. He has been there since at least 1990.

6. Wisconsinlady

Wisconsinlady Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah..........we'll be off and flying in just a few days. We can hardly wait!!!! Thanks for the info on Captain's Cove--last year when we were leaving, the water delivery truck was unloading the new supplies and they opened just a couple days after our departure. So, we're definitely going there as we've missed it the past two years. We can't wait. Thanks for the tip on the downtown seafood restaurants too. Getting EXCITED!! Us girls from Wisconsin are ready to go. :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice