Iberostar resorts

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by missnbluebay, Jan 9, 2008.

1. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Stayed at the Iberostar Tucan/Questal (sp?) back in about 1999 and it was great. Though its so large if you left something in your room it would take you ten minutes to go get it. Typical crowd, "relaxation" being the main goal of everyone there. At night it was dead. They did have a pretty cool disco at the resort. Though every night there was only like 25 people there. Food I thought was fine. Rooms were decent. Very good and large alcohol choices from what I can remember.

For wedding I think it would be a great place. Very nice grounds. Though if your group is looking for some fun you'll need to travel outside of the resort. Even during the day its very calm.

I've heard very good things on the Iberostar Parsario (sp?) down there.

Nick and Renee

2. missnbluebay

missnbluebay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    thak youso much for the feedback. we are not looking for "fun"so much as we are looking for a nice place that will have something for everyone from ages 8 to almost 80 that we anticipate will be in our group. I really don't wanna see chinos making my grandma pop a balloon if you know what I mean

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I've seen a grandma (had to be mid 60's) in thong doing that one year topless. Chino's was just screaming don't break a hip, BBG insurance is cheap. That image has never left my head since.

Any of the Iberostars down there should have exactly what your looking for. The oldest one I belive is only like ten to twelve years old only. So they're all nice. I know the the Tucan/Qutezal one had a nice program for the kids so I would think the others do too. Tucan/Qutezal also has some very nice covered paplas (like a big bed) around the huge pool which would be nice for some of the older guest in your group. They could still be part of the action and not have to worry about the sun killing them all day long.

Nick and Renee

4. missnbluebay

missnbluebay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    we are 98% sure that is where we are going to book. I think we are going down for a long weekend this summer to "audition" the resort. The only bad report we have heard is on the food (which is very subjective) and that they water down the crappy alcohol (sound familiar). other than that everything sounds positive.

there was a grandma from england there while we were there competing in the miss tempation. it was quite entertaining. come to think of it I think chinos said the same thing to her word for word about the hip

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice