IBAN number

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rx65m, Nov 18, 2015.

1. rx65m

rx65m Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am about to receive a Wire Transfer from the UK, to my BANORTE account in Cancun.
    Unfortunately the sender's bank say that I must give them my IBAN code. Although I have explained them several times that Mexican banks use SWIFT numbers instead, they insist they cannot send the money if I don't have IBAN.
    I wonder if some one has had this same problem and how you guys solved it.
    Maybe there is a number they can use for the IBAN...
    I'm desperate.
    Rex.

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Have you considered this, "The CLABE (Clace Bancaria Estandarizada) is a banking standard for the numbering of bank accounts in Mexico. This standard is a requirement for the sending and receiving of international transfers since June 1, 2004. The CLABE account code has 18 digits which always contains the payee's bank account number. The CLABE code is required for all wires going to Mexico."

Look at a statement or other record of your account in Mexico, find the CLABE, and give it to those persons who are insisting on an IBAN. It just may light their fire....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice