I wonder why

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by twinimini, May 12, 2008.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I know we all have heard that the pools at TTR have to close at 9 until 9 to be chemically treated. Makes sense but I have to question why. We were in Disney last month and stayed at Ft. Wilderness campground. The pool there is open 24/7. Now if I had to make a guess as to where there might more toxic pool water between TTR and Disney, well, you get the picture. So they don't have to chemically destroy all living organisms in Disney but they do at TTR. Doesn't make sense to me. I wonder if there is any way to get the policy changed or is this just a way to keep the guests from being a little bit over the top. What do you think?

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    No doubt that a 24/7 pool at TTR would be uncontrollable, and I am sure that is why the pool is closed for the night.

Having a 24/7 pool would be a blast!! Kind of why we are putting one in this summer.

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Are you implying that there would be any inappropriate actions in a 24/7 pool at TTR? :lol: :lol: :lol: I can't imagine that happening!!! :oops:

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Reason why is at Disney chances are they have an automatic/computerized system that releases chemicals on an instant basis at any time. So if Ph drops slightly the system automatically knows to add "x" into the water. With these systems at no time does a large amount of chemicals enter the pool.

Another reason at Temptations is they just don't want people in the water after dark (many reasons for that). In reality the little bit of chemicals they release into the pool each night (usually in the morning is when I see them doing it) are pretty much safe with in 5 minutes to be swimming in it. Even your harsher chemicals like shock treatment usually with in a hour its safe to swim.

Nick and Renee

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure how many people are aware of it, but Disney has always been on the cutting edge of technology in most areas. When I was in college studing criminal justice, their security force was light years ahead of what the feds were doing at the time. They develop their own systems for their own use and don't wait around for someone else to provide for them.

My nephew did a externship there for a semester recently and he saw the same stuff that I did. They are just advanced beyond belief!!

But I agree, a 24/7 pool at TTR would be OUT OF CONTROL if they allowed it.

Michelle

6. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    There were probably 100 guests that somehow fell into the sports pool on NYE, and they all turned out fine. The whole scene was actually pretty calm, considering all of the gals that fell in with some or all of their clothes on.

7. Gone South

Gone South Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    No Baby Ruths

8. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Simple math...

24 hour pool + 24 hour open bar = ...

9. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    The Disney angle that Norm's Kid mentioned is one I never thought of. Disney is way beyond most of the rest of the world in so many things I should have thought about the pool idea.

Waste, your simple math I think is the primary reason that we don't have 24/7 in the pool. A 24/7 pool at TTR would definitely be an addition that could lead to some strange times.

10. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I injure myself enough during the day, when the lights are on. Imagine with the lights out...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice