I was flicking the channels.......

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Tips The Cancun Legend, Apr 7, 2008.

1. cindyb

cindyb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yes it was awesome!!!! I wold seriously go and see it again!!!!

2. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me too and i rarely go see a movie in the theatres again since it will be on dvd in 4 months, i will gladly pay my 10.50 to see mickey and his crew tear up the strip lol :lol: :lol:

3. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just saw 21. It's too bad the movie was totally white washed. The actual team the movie was based on was mostly Asian (except the girl Jill was based on). But I guess Hollywood needs to have white lead character to make money. Oh well.

A little trivia: the person Ben was based on, Jeff Ma, had a small cameo in the movie as Jeffrey the blackjack dealer who Ben referred to as "my brother from another mother." Jason should sue them for copyright infringement.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with you Henry. I didn't care for the whitewashing of the movie.

I have MAJOR issues with Hollywood when they totally whitewash things and make them historically inaccurate for the sake of the dollar....or what they claim is for the sake of money. You can't tell me that they couldn't have found enough qualified Asian actors to fill the main roles and keep the movie more true to life than it was.

Unfortunately, people of color are forced to write, produce and direct their own movies in order to get their stories told with any level of accuracy or true representation.

Michelle

5. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bring it ON!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice