I want a choice, too

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Dec 15, 2011.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Ben, I couldn't agree with you more. I don't see anyone out there who is a leader. Mostly I see people who look at the polls and bend whichever way their voting base wants them to bend. Both parties have gotten so off track that they are hardly recognizable anymore. The Republicans seem like they have been taken over by the "Kill a Commie for Chirst" crew and the Dems seem like Karl Marx is their new standard bearer.

Probably Romney is the most central and he's being pushed to the right by the Palin side of the party. Newt is a good name for a lizard, but a lousy choice for President. Herman had some potential but he went off in a tizzy when women he supposedly had groped, insulted, or done whatever to started coming out of the woodwork.

I think there are two things that keep good people from running for office. One is the obvious of money. It takes hundreds of millions to run a campaign anymore. Our local Congressional seat cost the two candidates over $5 million, so money is probably issue one. The second issue is the media's obsession with anything sexual. Let's say one of us wanted to go for an elected office. Well, there would be some media hound that would jump on us saying that we were some form of pervert because we had been to this swinger resort in Mexico where the women don't wear tops. GASP, the horror of it all. That would be the media reaction. Obviously there's nothing wrong with TTR or Desire that would cause someone to be less of a leader, but it would get blown up and there goes another political career.

It's a pretty sucky system that's out there right now.

2. FLHX_HOG

FLHX_HOG I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0

:aktion033: <--- I think this dude is clapping...

3. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    +1. :aktion033::aktion033::aktion033:

4. PartyTime

PartyTime Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dammit people, you can't start a political thread and expect me not to jump in!

Last night was our caucus (Iowa, USA), so I joined the Republican party to vote for Ron Paul. I'm amazed how many Republicans don't like him for someone who was such a close 3rd place finish.

As I watch the numbers of people who live off the system that was (poorly) designed to help them get back on their feet, it's apparent the time as come for it to end. Private charity worked before the "War on Poverty". Here's a good article on this, written by Dr. Walter Williams
    Walter E. Williams on welfare: As gov’t plays ‘father,’ ‘black males have become dispensable’
    While he is placing the emphasis on the black family, it's true of most who have adopted the system as a career.

It's time for individual liberty and responsibility, the way the country was intended.

I just want to see the campaign who's opponent starts talking about the activities at the resort with all those topless women and sexually oriented games. If it was a national election, you might be amazed at all the supporters that would suddenly appear. Can you imagine the White House pool party?

5. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

I think we already had that. Does anyone else remember John Kennedy and his pool parties?

6. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Well, it appears that the Repubs have decided that, depite his Paganism, Mitt is the candidate that can beat the Big O. I must admit that I am shocked that they were able to overcome their obvious distaste for his one major fault, not being a protestant of some genre. Guess the Desire to beat the Big O outweighed all other considerations.

7. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

I'm not sure, but I would think that Mormonism is considered to be a form of the Protestant religion, but I may be wrong on that end.

I think that most of the voters in the various primaries have seen that Romney has the best chance of beating Obama. I know many conservatives refer to him as "Obama Lite" (referring to his policies I would hope) but he still is more mainstream than any of the rest of them. I don't think there is any doubt that a real hard core conservative like Newt or Ron Paul would get blown out in November. The country is fed up with government but not THAT fed up.

8. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I agree. Gingrich is getting blasted with negative ads here in Florida, already. So, Mitt must consider him the biggest threat. Santorum.....doesn't believe in evolution???? The earth is only a couple thousand years old??? Gays should be lined against the wall and shot???
    Perry wants to take us back into Iraq???
    Ron Paul, I have no major objections to other than abortion. Why is that the one place where government should be allowed to intervene?? Or maybe he's just anti-abortion but pro-choice??
    The Dems still need another option badly. I believe Mitt may be able to win.

9. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If Obama were to step aside in favor of a strong candidate with a convincing fiscal policy I don't think the Republican's would stand a chance. The field is too weak. A lot of Republican's aren't thrilled with the front leader and it's been pointed out that the rest have some serious drawbacks.

10. Princess015690

Princess015690 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice