I want a choice, too

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Dec 15, 2011.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Brewster I should have known you had some connection to beavers!:clappyinghappy:

2. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Time will tell who was truly being duped and I don't think it's me.

3. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Just to set the record straight..I do not have the god-like ability that some of you seem to have to know that I am absolutely right about things (this sounds mean but I am just stating the case). I see things going on around me that just don't seem right or justifiable or whatever. You must admit that the rich and super rich seem to be running this country (and the world) and the rest of us are just scrambling for the left-overs. If that is the way it is supposed to be than that is the way it will be. There is nothing we can do to change it. They hold all the cards and with money comes power.
    Just like global warming...You see things going on around you that would indicate that something is badly amiss but can you absolutely prove it? So, in the final analysis, either it is or it isn't occuring. There is nothing we can do to change it, especially when some of those in power are bound to deny it in the hopes of reaping larger profits. Again, if those naysayers are powerful enough, then their will will be done.
    That is why I say only time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

4. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Well, let me just put it this way, I have been doing taxes for over 30 years. I teach taxation to other CPA's. I've had my own firm for over 30 years. I've been brought into litigation to testify as an expert witness regarding taxes. We do tax returns for people who live in 26 states and even US citizens living overseas. We do returns for people who make less than $10,000 a year to those that PAY over $1,000,000 a year in taxes. I don't get my information from a the American version of "The Peoples Daily" known better as the NY Times. I get my information from what I see in the roughly 1500 returns my firm does every year. I get my information from the US Tax Codes and statistics that I have to deal with on a daily basis.

The 1% you attack with such vigor is not who you think it is. They also pay far more than just "their share" of taxes. If you are so concerned about the rip off of the American public you need to look at those who take from the system more so than those that give to the system.

Liberalism is a wonderful idea that just doesn't work. Presidents from Lyndon Johnson on said they were going to eliminate poverty and they generated huge bureaucratic programs to accomplish this and where are we today? Worse off than we were when it all started. Carter created the Energy Department which was going to eliminate our dependance on foreign oil and it accomplished what? Absolutely nothing but employing a lot of people who don't have a clue about anything remotely related to energy.

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd stood before us with Andrew Cuomo at their side proclaiming that after they had sponsored such wonderful liberal legislation that "All Americans, regardless of their economic standings, will have a home of their own." How'd that little bit of liberalism work out?

If you think attacking those that work and generate income and taxes for the sake of giving to those who will not work and who only know how to take from the system is a good system, then be prepared to learn how to speak Chinese. When you reach a certain point in taxation where someone says "Why bother? The government is just taking more of what I make than I keep!", then all innovation and incentive stops and we are all looking for the gravy train.

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5

You see that’s where we differ. So there are some super rich folks that make some decisions that the rest of us don’t get input into. God love them cause I have better things to do with my life.

And money does not always equal power. If so Gandhi would have never succeeded in forcing the British to give India its independence.

I am not scrambling for the leftovers. I’m creating my own meal. There is no limit to the pie. You can have all you want and I can have all I want. For me to have more does not mean YOU have to have less. That’s just the Liberal justification for not having to try to succeed. “He has it and I don’t so I can’t succeed!” Bullshit! If you want it, work hard and go get it. Sure it’s not easy, but boy is it worth it when you succeed.

And no one disagrees that global warming is happening. Nope, actually read or listen to what they say, not what someone else tells you they are saying. Everyone knows it’s getting hotter. Been getting hotter since the last ice age. Will continue to get hot till the start of the next ice age. The question is why? Some say its man and all the pollution he is creating. Other say that the sun is in an intense period of solar activity and is generating more heat. To be honest I think it a combination of both. (Believe it or not, I heard a “scientist” say on a PBS show just three days ago that the sun has no effect on how hot it is here on earth. I back it up on TIVO three times to listen to him say that! He says it’s all man made.) So those that blame man want to stop industry in its tracks. No more coal, no more oil. But if you watch closely to Al Gore’s home movie, you will see that all the forest being burned in the under-developed countries is creation far more pollution than the largest industrial countries. But you have to watch quick cause they gloss over that real fast. So their answer is that the “rich” countries pay a carbon tax for their pollution while the people like China pay none and they have now passed the US as the leading polluter. Again, it’s the tax the rich cause they have succeeded and hell I’m not sure where the carbon tax money that is being paid to the UN even goes…

But it always seems to boil down to we have to do something about the “Man”.

Occupy Wall Street is based upon - I went to school for 15 years on student loans and now I have to actually go find a job! Damn, I can’t afford to pay all this back so the “man” has established a system to keep me down! Bullshit! You borrowed the money, signed a piece of paper saying you were going to pay it back and abused the handout system to your advantage for as long as you could. Now the bill is due! Be an adult and own up to your own responsibilities!

There is no one keeping you or anyone else down. There is only a philosophy that says there is an end sum equation where for me to get something someone else has to give up something. That is not what this nation was created on, people made their own way. When they needed help, they received it but no one owes you a damn thing because you were born. You either work for what you want or sit in the corner and fight for the leftovers. Me? I choose to make my own meal.

Jamie

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Using your same logic I would have to draw a much different conclusion. For example, I think we both agree that it is wrong for someone to donate to a campaign and then use that donation to line their own pockets. That is exactly what has been going on with State governments for years and years and why most states are in deep financial trouble. Who ripped them off? Why none other than their own unions.

You talk about not being able to make changes to a broken system and refer to corporate profits. How about union donations and the unbridled greed of those unions? What happened when the governors Wisconsin and Ohio tried to bring those unions into reality? Why those same unions totally disrupted things in Wisconsin and literally brought the government to a halt to force their ideas and greed on the rest of the taxpaying members of that state.

When Ohio tried to do the same thing the unions got it put on the ballot and spent over $40 milllion to keep their cushy union benefits and salaries while making massive political donations to those that negotiate their contracts.

Here in Erie County, NY, where Buffalo is, we had a County Executive who bucked the union. He's gone now after the union spent millions getting him out of there so they could be back in control. Oh, if you want to apply for a county job right now you have to pick up an application at the Service Employees Union hall not at County Hall. That is the same union that has been indicted for racketeering and corruption. We have more county employees than Cook County which has Chicago as a hub and we have less than a third of their population. We also have some of the highest real estate taxes in the US to pay for the corrupt unions.

Oh and a couple of other little gems. When Boeing wanted to open a factory in SC the feds sued them to stop them from opening because the union in Seattle didn't like it that they were opening in a right to work state. Also the Supreme Court is supposed to hear whether or not it is okay for a union to use violence because it is in the support of organized labor. How's that for skewed government?

Still think it's just those evil corporations that control things?

7. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    The problem is the bottom 50% or so do not pay any taxes and also consume a disproportionate amount of government services.

8. Ben & Lisa

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I like Churchill also. He also happened to be a conservative.... I couldnt resist, Brewster!:aktion030:

9. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Oh crap...that's right..lol

Actually..I've voted Conservative most of my life. The trouble now, as I see it, is Conservatives are becoming idiots and Liberals are becoming Commies. All the while pretending to be middle of the road and everything to everyone.

10. Ben & Lisa

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    The real problem is most politician do not have the balls to make the right choices, however painful they may be. instead the pander to their base and get elected over and over shafting the future generations in the process.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice