I want a choice, too

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by rdubnpk, Dec 15, 2011.

1. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I know that is unheard of for someone to challenge and incumbent, but those of us on this side of the fence ain't real happy with the big "O" either. We really need to be offered a choice just like the Repubs are.

When you ger right down to it, looking at the candidates on both sides, it is a really sad lot. Is this the best America has to offer?

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well Shut My Mouth! Finally something we BOTH agree on! Who would have ever thought this would happen! :)

Good thing this is only 2011 cause if it was 2012 I'd be sure the world was going to end in 6 days!

There is hope for all of us. :)

Jamie

3. Toeinwater

Toeinwater Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The choices on this side of the Atlantic are no better. The traditional parties, Labour, Liberal, Conservative have all become so close to each other in politic ethos and policies that there is no real choice anymore.

4. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I felt the earth move and I wasn't having sex!!!

5. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

LMAO... It is sad though, huh? Our choices suck up here, as well, in my opinion. A combined population of nearly 400 million and these are the best we can come up with?? lol

6. rdubnpk

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    So it is a world-wide phenomenon?? I thought Tony Blair and W must have been cut from the same cloth. That isn't a complement, by the way.

7. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Our choices are pretty sad for this election coming up. I would have to say that no matter who is there, Obama has to go. This guy is so intent on giving all the money he can to those on the lower end of the spectrum that he wants to make the takers in our society the majority in this country. When that happens we will be in the final stages of our demise.

We have reached a point where almost half of the households in the US do not pay ANY income taxes which puts us close to the point where those who take will exceed those who give. It is very similar to the civil service employee unions who make huge contributions to the Democratic party and then negotiate with those same politicians for their benefits and wages. This is exactly why we are in the fix we are in with states being close to bankruptcy because of huge pensions and benefits that these unions have in essence given themselves.

Obama is the epitome of this same type of government and he has to go. I'm no fan of any of the candidates and would probably vote for Hillary if she were a choice. ( I know this is real desperation.) If it comes down to Newt or Mitt or whomever versus Obama, I've got to go with the other side. WE can't afford to keep him any longer.

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    In my opinion as a Brit, it is not.

Most UK Prime Ministers get into politics at a very early age, first representing local issues on a very limited basis and then working their way through the ranks until the cream of the party rises to the top. Politics is their life from day one.

In the US (as I understand as an outsider, or at least as it appears to an outsider) it's more about first establishing yourself as a rich successful person and then buying your way in as a presidential candidate. Interests are more self centered, esp for Republicans.

IMHO Tony Blair was the best PM we have had in my (politically aware) lifetime. Tony Blair is often regarded as GW's poodle in the UK, but I see him as the one who held the leash of the Dobermann.

I remember well the time of Maggie Thatcher and Ronald Reagan, now that was a team born to cause hell. And she did - the UK has never recovered and never will.

9. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Half your population on social assistance and it strikes me that we are really just at the beginning of the retirement of the baby boom generation. That has been looming for a while now, seen as a very difficult strain on federal finances, with pension payouts and a reduced workforce. Scary.

My eldest daughter dated a guy who was third generation welfare. Scared the hell out of me. Fortunately she smartened up and got rid of him.

Like everyone here, no doubt, I have no problem whatsoever with helping the truly needy. But I have a huge problem with people that take what they don't need. I have always said that they are the worst kind of thieves. They rob from those that honestly need our help. What happened to pride and honor? (Honour for us Canadian's and Brit's...lol).

10. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I'm partial to Churchill. But he was the right kind of politician for his time. His speeches and resolve were inspirational to a nation under incredible duress.

Clinton was involved in politics from an early age. Not sure about other recent American presidents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice