I think I found it - Mongolian Garden!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think I found a restaurant I actually enjoy eating at and where there is more than a couple of items on the menu I could choose from:

MONGOLIAN GARDEN!

Just a short walk from our house in SM 18 the food and service was great. Choose from the menu or build your own meal with choice of oriental sauces and have it cooked for you on the spot. This time I chose from the menu but the Chinese style build your own curry looked spot on, I'll try that next time for sure.

If you haven't tried this place yet you must!

Thanks to Ana, for suggesting we eat there and of course your company this afternoon :)

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was my pleasure

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where exactly is it located? Walking distance from Steve's house can mean many different things, haha.

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Between Pabellon Caribe and Maracamé

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love your new avatar CancunCanuck. HAHAHAHAHAHA
    But so true, right!!

6. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Had dinner there last night.....first place I have found here that I like.....BTW the Blue Sky drinks are great.....they have another drink on the menu that I haven't tried yet but wil soon...anyone ever heard of a Harry Wallbanger??? :wow:

7. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A Harvey Wallbanger is vodka, orange juice and Galliano (Italian licorice/citrisy flavor liqueur)... I guess they're quite potent.
    (My mom told me when she turned 18 my grandpa got her hammered on Harvey Wallbangers, and I've heard from many older people about those things.

Dessert idea: Take a yellow cake mix, add an extra egg, and substitute some of the water for some vodka, oj, and galliano. Bake it in a bundt pan. Mix up a glaze consisting of vodka, oj, galliano, and powdered sugar. When the cake is done, poke holes all over it and drizzle the glaze over it and the glaze will dribble into the cake as well. YUM! I got the recipe from a customer at work a couple years ago and made it at Christmas for my family.

8. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ....Its a Harry Wallbanger on the menu......Everyone knows what a HARVEY WALLBANGER IS...

9. jkmrtv

jkmrtv Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Harry is Harveys brother :lol: SEE you soon Gene :!:

10. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    I keep hearing good things about this restaurant - so for my last night in Cancun for a while we are going to give it a go. Next week fish and chips and curry .!
    :lol: Tracey
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice