I miss Temptation!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by bitchkitten, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have to have our vacations that we ask for time off for in advance also. We do ours in 3 month time spans but they are always like 6 months away. I rarely ask for any vacations. This last trip to TTR I did ask for 3 days for my 10 day trip. The way my schedual works with doing 12 hour shifts is that I get spans every three weeks where I get 8 days off in a row. So for that trip I asked for my weekend off too and left the first day of my 8 days off and returned on the Sunday that was my vacation. Sp technically I could go for a week every three weeks, my biggest hurdles isnt time off work for ME (tho G's time off is another thing!). For me my big hurdles are my munchkins (as in who is going to watch them) and money. Seems as hard as I pray I still can't have infinate amounts of it. :cry:

Usually I use my vacation days as sick days. My kids need me home with them (for SOME reason even if it is school stuff) more than I have sick time.

2. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I can understand what your saying ..Angi... :D Like i said i put in for my vacations towards the end of Dec. It's a first come..first served basis...He will not let two people off at the same time that work in the same department... :( So it's a big race to see who can do it first... :D

3. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That stinks. Ours is based on seniority. The union has a date they must post the list for when you have to request. So lets say that day was yesterday, She posts the list. In about a week it is the highest senior person's day. So obviously they get the most days to choose from. So she has about a week to decide (tho we know it is coming) she needs to put in her request to the manager by that date to get her choice first. The next person's day is the next day until the list is done. As she gets requests she posts them on the calendar because you cant request if TWO other nurses are going to be gone (even if they never work the same shift).

I work many hours (most nurses dont work full time even and I ususally put in some OT) so I am pretty high on the list. I am pretty lucky because that means I can pick what I want. This is for our floor only too. Each unit has their own list and only for the RN's. Also you can still request to have a day off that you wouldnt normally and work a differnt day. Like I looked ahead to the first day of school and realized that on my regular rotation I would normally on for that day so I placed a request in a book that says I would rather work that Friday so I can be with the kids. They usually grant that type of request when they can. I have never had a day off denied. :D

4. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I have had vacation denied...LOL... And i already booked it....It sucks... :(

5. Angibaby

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh that would suck! I have a great nurse manager tho. She really does try to accomidate us. It makes all the difference in the world to the unit I think. We all get along and are pretty happy there. :D

6. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Just waiting for my 10 TTR days in April '09. :cry:

7. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    It's coming Woodman...lol... I know how u feel...I'm going in Aug...lol

8. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Angi..my boss has to deal with 25 guys..And try to make them all happy....LOL... It easy for me because i'm single...All the otheres have families that they also have to work around... :D So i guess it gets tough...Which is way i try to do it early..

9. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Good thing I bought Trip Ins. this time. Just had a Cat Scan and they found an inch growth in my left kidney. Hopefully I can get it taken care of soon! Life's startin' to suck folks!! :(

10. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about your health and trip. I hope evrything works out well and you have a speedy return to TTR.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice