I Love Telmex

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by raretail, Aug 30, 2007.

1. raretail

raretail Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a happy story:

When I went into to Telmex to sign up for new phone service and internet they told me to expect to wait up to 5 weeks before they could install the line...THEN it would be another 5 business days before I would have internet.

Well, less than 20 HOURS later I had a working phone line! And here it is, the 5th business day after installation and my DSL worked this morning!!!

WOW! Now that is great service! :D :D :D :D :D

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ah. But you're in the Hotel Zone. That's a different country! :)

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just can't share the sentiment, it took them 13 days to come and fix my phone line. I was without internet and phone and when I reported it they said 72 hours max. after several calls and a call to a Womanat Telmex that was very nice but could not help they finally showed up. You got lucky :wink:

5. Isla Zina

Isla Zina Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lightening strikes twice

I have not had Infinitum service since 5 days before Hurricane Dean. We called TelMex right afterward and they send one of their two Isla techies, Luis, who after key-padding and talking to Mexico City, told me to wait 3 days because of the storm and that the problem could be anywhere between here and Guadalajara. I wait and call my private tech, who delivered the Infinitum under contract with TelMex, configured it and has since been servicing my computer.
    He talks to Mexico City and they say Tuesday, a few days ago. I wait and no Infinitum. Yesterday, I got bumped off of dial up and called customer service again. They said I should be getting it now and put another rush order through. They open up a new emergency job ticket.
    Well, Luis showed up with his senior associate in 15 minutes. They did the diagnostics and installed a new modem! It had apparently been damaged it a fall from my desk post Dean!
    Miquel hadn't quite figured out configuring, but we had a great time thinking back to three years ago when he installed me phone lines with Luis. He lives in Merida, where his daughter attends college, and three years ago he brought me 2 vials of his homeopathic allergy meds because we have the same allergies.
    Yesterday, I was coming down with what turns out to be an acute upper respiratory infection. Miguel noticed and said he had it too, a post Dean phenomenon. With apologies that he had to get to Merida for the weekend, he told me to call customer assistance and they would put an English speaker on to help ME configure it.
    I called my tech who was here in 15 minutes. It took him 5 minutes. And YES, I today have DSL, very nice for a day of la gripa!!!
    None of these folks were willing to take a propina!

6. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last week I received a call from Telmex to let me know that they were going to suspend my service because, according to their data bank, there is another phone line in the same address that has an outstanding balance. Of course, I refuted that and went to the Telmex office on Labna Ave.; talked to the manager there and he sent me to their "Finanzas" section, which is located in the Lopez Portillo site. I took my other services' bills plus a copy of my landlord's deed to clarify their mistake. I didn't have phone service (I did have internet) for a few days, but now it's back to normal.

It might sound obvious, but if anyone is thinking about renting an appartment or a house, make sure there's not any outstanding balances at your prospective new address. Otherwise, you would have to either pay such balance or just do without.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice