I know we always complain in this forum but..

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve you are 100% correct.....life is great down here.....yes we complain about IMN and trafffic and some stuff....but by and large its much better than where I came from....

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve, love the video, great job Jannet! :D

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve.

Great question. Many of us are living la vida loca. It is easy to complain about governmental ineptness, cultural differences etc but I would not trade it for anything. I just got home from a party where I was the only Gringo and had to answer the question many times about why I love Cancun more than Florida, how do I meet friends, why all the pretty girls like me, etc.

It is really quite easy to meet new friends on a regular basis. The cops are crooks, Migracion drives us all crazy, it's hotter than hell, no one has change for $200 unless they give you 34 coins, keeping to the right on a sidewalk is unheard of but if we do not like it we are all free to leave, yet we remain.

Life is good,
    T.J.

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL...yes, yes, we complain...but if we all posted on the board how great our lives are, people would think we were gloating and bragging all the time.

The great thing about forums like these is that when we do complain we can often learn insights from others about whatever problems we have, not to mention misery loves company. :D

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I with you on this one Steve as a fellow Brit, we've got the life....Seeing what's happening back home (won't go into it) is reason enough to live in the sunshine. Doesn't take to much to make me happy, a cold beer, cheap smokes and all the eye candy in the world...happy days.

7. Mickeycancunfan

Mickeycancunfan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome attitude Steve. And I bet you do great at your job just cause u love it!!! In a way it also is good to share good experiences, any country in the world has its ups and downs and sometimes we are not happy with what we have anywhere. It is also good to ask advice on a lot of subjects to make life easier. It is also true that negative comments on any subject will always be a lot more than positive ones.
    I love it here, love my job, with the logical everyday life ups and downs.
    Thanks, your comment was great to read.! Cool video too...

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Well have watched the video from Uk and it reminds me why being there is better than being here- especially when its done nothing but rain here for 2 weeks!

Tracey
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice