I did it again - another cat rescue

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Sep 3, 2007.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did my small part today to help street animals and grabbed a filthy beat-up one year old female cat off the street. She was lying listless under a car and she wouldn't react to me when I talked to her so I thought something was wrong with her. But now that I've got her she seems fine, very undernourished and dangerously thin but all her parts are intact and she's eating.

Not sure if she's pregnant or not, her belly is swollen but it could be worms. The vet is outta town but will look at her on Wed. One of her ears has been chewed half off and her tail is no longer straight. And she was the dirtiest cat I've ever grabbed off the street, she even has some kind of sticky oil on her face!

But she's a total LOVE! This cat is someone's future best friend for life. She's got spunk and a huge heart! In fact she's perfect for you, Kelly, you need a cuddly one!

Once we've assessed her health situation I'll be nagging all of you to help me find her a home.

And I'll take some pix once I've figured out how to get the goopy oil off her face. She's an orange tabby, very pretty in a beat-up street cat kind of way.

2. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You're wonderful, keep up the good work!

3. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh my

ny god kim you are not yet 80 you dont need 50 cats in the house

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We only have 10 cats. And this one doesn't get to stay. But I could not leave her on the street, she was too pathetic. Of course now she's purring and eating me out of house and home.

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you really want to turn into weird cat lady, my dear, just say the word.

I'll even pinch a shopping trolley from Chedraui so you can wheel it around town collecting them.

TJ's got an old cardboard fridge box you can live in too.

That's as long as you don't mind sharing it with him of course.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    At least cats don't stink. Where I grew up there was a Skunk Lady. She had 20 of the buggers living in her house. It kept away the door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesmen.

7. Cdn Cat

Cdn Cat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim, try WD-40 to get the goop off kitties face. It's water soluble and won't hurt her. Can you even get WD-40 in Mexico? I'd bring you some but I know you would be the proud owner of a new can of WD-40 kitty goop remover and I wouldd be flying home with a new kitty!

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Catherine - I've been thinking about you since the moment I found this kitty....

And yes you can find WD40 here, my husband can't go two days without using it for something. I've gotten most of the goop off kitty's face already, but I have to work on her for just a moment at a time because she gets upset and wiggles. I actually had some success with hand lotion, but she's got to hold still so I don't end up getting it up her nose.

We just got her spayed abd I don't want to bother her too much until she heals more. But once she's good to go you can expect lots of cute photos of her on my blog.

9. shoreladie

shoreladie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your doing an awesome job I wish there were more people like you! Lisa

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The street cat I rescued is doing really, really well.

She's ready to move to a new home. Some pictures are here:
    http://www.hiddencancun.com/rivergirl/2007/09/21/196/

This one is going to be hard to let go of. Her favorite thing is to be kissed all over...I'm really going to miss her.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice