Hyatt Regency Status???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by mackermagoo, Feb 25, 2007.

1. mackermagoo

mackermagoo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    was in Cancun the past two years for spring break. last year was the Oasis Cancun and it was horrible. i want to come back but stay at the Hyatt regency again. when is it due to open?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Hyatt Regency is open for business. I would say it's a much better choice than the Oasis. :)

3. mackermagoo

mackermagoo Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It doesnt show up on any of the internet searches for hotels :( I love the Regency. Had a great time there BY far over the Oasis

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could be wrong, but I thought I read that a Holiday Inn bought the Hyatt Regency?

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I haven't heard that Janie. I know the Holiday Inn bought the old Imperial Las Perlas and has reopened there, but didn't hear anything about the Hyatt. As far as I know, they are still part of the Hyatt chain, along with the Hyatt Caribe.

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Same here....I know the Holiday bought the Imperial Las Perlas down from BBG but as far as I know the Hyatt is still a Hyatt property.

8. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "That would include from the Hyatt Regency (getting a new makeover as we "speak" and will be reborn as a Holiday Inn if the rumours are correct) to the Club Med and would include the Westin and Sun Palace."

This was posted by Jim in Cancun on this board ... I get all my good info from Jim's posts! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Janie! I am not sure if the rumours I mentioned are true. I did read them in the local paper. I will try to verify.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice