Hurricane heading towards cancun( It missed thank god!!)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Aug 15, 2007.

1. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well its already a category 4 Hurricane and were only on saturday... prediction says i t will hit around tuesday if it hits.....

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/?from=wxcenter_news

Lets all really hope for cancun... and not selfishly for our vacations.... But for the people of the region that if this hits are going to have to rebuild their whole lives again 2 times in 3 years

Wish them all the best

And Steve you stay safe buddy And all close ones that are in cancun

2. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nice thoughts, well put Riki

3. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    concur ...
    hope everything goes okay to all those in cancun and around the way ... thoughts and prayers!
    xx
    tim

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All of the latest projections show the storm tracking towards the areas between Tulum and Chetumal.

That's definitely some good news for Cancun.

5. Madd Dougg

Madd Dougg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear and see and read in the news today that Cancun gonna get hit hard tomorrow from Hurricane Dean.....? :(

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

That's fairly old news....

All of the latest projections have Dean hitting landfall well south of Cancun. Cancun is outside the cone of error so it's fairly certain that they will see no more than tropical force winds and rain.

The trackings show the eye going through Belize at this point which could be very bad for that area. If it turns and heads towards Chiapas MX that will be be devastating for that area of Mexico.

But Cancun looks to be spared.

7. AussieBabe

AussieBabe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They're still saying that on the news bulletins here too, even though our news websites updated everything almost 24 hours ago. It's getting me so angry that their information is so out of date!!! :evil:

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    YEah same here. News media outlets are saying it will hit Cancun bad..And the airport is closed.

I also know that the St Lucia airport has been closed as well..

9. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just heard on the news that its heading towards cancun and the cayman islands!

A lot of the flights going from the UK to cancun have now been grounded

10. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Steve just did a live, on air broadcast for a news channel in houston, TX! From all reports, this hurrican is heading far south of cancun! Cancun will still get hit with rain and some wind, but nothing close to wilma! They are by far not out of the woods, still strong winds and rain coming their way, but not the direct impact that was expected!!

Click on the grey video link once at this site to hear steve talking!!
    http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Here is the link to the hurrican forum, updated almost by the minute
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34215&start=135&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Here is steves hurrican blog website updated daily also!
    http://www.hurricanecancun.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice