Hurricane Gustav

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TraceyUk, Aug 26, 2008.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen,

When Wilma Came through Yolanda was 6 months pregnant. Because of the stress and change in pressure she did have contractions. It was rather scary and one of the reasons we left our house for the school up front in the eye.

As a father please respect the hurricane and have access to doctors where ever you choose to stay in case anything happens.. Just be safe.

Everyone else be safe to but, Jen more so than the others

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I concur with John. Jen should be safe. The rest of us should have a party on the roof...and try to catch flying basura...just kidding.

3. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hehe Rivergirl, I'm in. ;-)

Hi TJ - The computer models definitely improved over the course of the day as far as Cancun is concerned. Earlier today at least one of the models, maybe two, had it making landfall in the Yucatan.

Here's are the latest computer models, as of 8 p.m. None of them are predicting landfall in the Yucatan. I hate to wish a hurricane heads toward any other area, but as far as Cancun, fingers crossed that these models hold true.

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200807_model.html?MR=1

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, I certainly intend to make sure I am up to date on what's happening - and it was one of my first questions to the hospital we picked as to how they manage during hurricanes.
    But as it's looking better for us this morning, I'm not so worried now.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    This am the storm has moved South West and we are still within the 3 day cone.It seems to be creeping closer and closer.
    Should I think about buying Tuna?
    Tracey
    x

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tuna maybe, wine definitely. :p :D

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Nahh, dont worry about it there's none left.

8. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forget the tuna. WalMart has one of the most sophisticated data-mining systems in the entire business world. According to WalMart the 2 most-purchased pre hurricane items are #1 beer and #2 Pop Tarts. According to their data, sales of Pop Tarts rise seven-fold prior to hurricane arrivals and beer even more.

I know we have the beer situation covered, but has anyone ever seen Pop Tarts in a Mexican WalMart?

9. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    walmart

I wish I could find Pop Tarts! I'd stock up for sure!

I was just in Walmart and they have tons of tuna, beer, and all the other hurricane essentials. I haven't seen Pop Tarts in Walmart for a couple of years, however.

So far, nobody seems to be concerned about the approaching storm.

10. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All they can say is "no pasa nada... no te preocupes" :evil: :evil: :evil: They said the same just before Wilma.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice