Hurricane Felix (Cat 5)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Michael F., Sep 1, 2007.

1. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Looks familiar? Almost the same track as Hurricane Dean. Keep an "eye" on this one.

[​IMG]

2. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    [​IMG]

3. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OH BLOODY HELL!!!!

4. Michael F.

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh, that's right!...you're headed back to the BBG!

Lets hope over the next couple days the computers track it differently.

5. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You know what? I'm gettng fed up of being stressed about this. It probably wont change track and if it doesnt - and heads for Cancun then its just not meant to be for us this year. At least I dont live there!!!

I said when Dean missed that there was plently of time for another storm to form before we flew out there and HEY PRESTO - its hapenned. I think I'm a jinx!!!

I know its possible but it just doesnt seem right or fair that the carribbean should be subjected to another hurricane so quicky after the last one does it?

Oh well - if we cant go then we'll just postpone til January or summat - I'm too weary to get stressed over it again! Didnt sleep for 3 days worryng bout poor Cancun when Dean was looming!!

Whatever will be - will be!!

xxxxx

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I wouldnt worry too much about this one at the present time.

The tracking map has it landing a couple of hundred miles south of where Dean hit and we all know how small an affect that one had. In a couple of days time, if it keeps it's current course, Cancun will be out of the error cone too.

You have to remember the scale of the map, although it looks not far away the distance of projected landfall at the current time is around 400 miles from Cancun.

7. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here we go again!!!!!
    Let's hope this one stays south

8. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve the voice of reason!!! - you always put my mind at rest - I remember last year when Ernesto was buggerring about in the same area and I was worrying - you put my mind at rest. It was my birthday yesterday and I needed some reassuring news. I know they're unpredictable but lets hope this storm behaves eh??
    I really need my vacation this year!!! However I realise that this is selfish as you guys live with the threat of hurricanes every year, mind you - apparently there was an earthquake in Manchester last week - bizzare eh? Its like no-one's safe!!!
    Hope to be in sunny Cancun in 11 days time!!! Hope you guys escape it (again!!)
    xxxxx

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Glad that helps Max. It really is too early to tell on Felix but at the moment it looks pretty safe here. Nobody is making any preparations and I doubt it's even been on the news.

I hate to say this but there is yet another one a few days behind Felix to keep an eye on too. That one may well develop in the next few days.

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Felix has now made Hurricane status but remains unlikely to affect Cancun to any great extent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice