How Was Singles Week Apr 12

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by footballchick58, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The first part of the quote could be a little offensive. What is the type??? Do I look the type?? WE were hit up by a couple of different couples in Feb and it took a bit to get rid of one of them. AND definitely got hit on while I was at Basics by some young horny lad.....even telling the young man I had 2 kids older than him and a granddaughter were not a deterent....the larger man I am married to was though.

The second part of the quote - I believe you when you say you were hassled. It has always amazed me that groups of people can be there at the same time and have completely different perspectives on their vacation. It really depends on who you are with, how much you can ignore, how much you participate, what you are looking for etc. The way singles weeks are being promoted I could see it getting out of hand and wonder if the crew isn't guided to be a bit more. It sounds like some people thought every single person there had one purpose and obviously it was not yours.

All that being said...you were there previously...think you will go back? or no?

2. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to say that we left the day before singles week started and that afternoon and evening many were arriving. The pool did seem to take on a "different" vibe and we saw several things that we had not during the previous week. Here's just a bit of advice: If you're going to "pleasure" a friend, you might at least keep it under the water. And I saw a girl put a guys whole foot in her mouth, what was up with that? This same group got pretty liquored up at the pool, then went to their rooms that faced the sexy pool and went out on the balconies to party, then it turned into a shouting match between some of the girls. Wierd!
    That night at Nice Shoes there was also a "single" feel to things. The wives in our group were dancing, and we kept having to "dance away" from one guy in particular. Then while I'm at the bar someone I've never even seen before, comes up and asks if I'm alone. He was fine when I said I was with my husband. But it did seem like there were guys on the prowl in there that night. Ryan was not feeling well, and was going to head back to the room, and though I was having a great time partying with our friends, I decided that I'd go with him since it might be uncomfortable without him.
    Brian & Terresa (B&T) said things definately took on a different feel during that next week.

I think singles week is great for those who are single and there for that kind of thing, just maybe not for those of us who are not.

Before this one day, Temptations was the same fun place that BBG was last year :D

3. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    whew!!! :)
    we will be there Nov 1-8th !!!
    dodged a bullet there!!

4. Krissy4492

Krissy4492 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No offense meant, I would take it as a compliment. Swingers tend to look for hot young guys or other skanky looking couples like themselves. They were dressing the part also, you couldn't miss them.

I was definately open to meeting someone but a little romance is nice, even if you are only there for a week. I met 3 friends and within a half hour they asked me if I wanted 1 of them or all 3 of them. Then we met 2 guys from our balcony and they offered to bring us up some drinks. Big mistake. They started giving us lap dances, obviously strippers with their shaved chest and all. Then the proposition came within 10 minutes of being in our room. Of course we said no and the next day they didn't even remember who we were. I did hear about people having sex in the pool quite a bit, I'm sure some of it was true. I would not go in that pool, especially during singles week. The staff seemed to get raunchier too. The waiters were asking for our room numbers and saying they will bring us drinks later. **** told me that he wants to "hit" me.

I would probably go back because I haven't been able to find a resort that caters to fun and single people. The beach is crappy and the food is just ok but I don't care about any of that as long as I'm having fun. I'm just saying that once we stop having fun there, what's left?

- Mod Edit - Removed Staff Names - Waste.

5. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think all your comments are just CRAZY (sort of sounds like KRISSY) when said with an accent as in that's KRISSY man.

Some of what you say could potentially happen, but you have gone way over the top with your exaggerations.

As if inviting people up to your room for drinks there would be no expectation of sex, ***** "Hit" on you, Swingers go for hot, young people.

C'mon, you went over the edge.

Who are you really?

Mod Edit - Same Reason As Above - Waste.

6. MyKitty

MyKitty Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Krissy.......your comments almost sound like you were looking for "sleeze"...you do know that "like attracts like".....maybe you were presenting yourself in the wrong way?...........I was at the sexy pool most of the time I certainly did not see anything you were describing........and I certainly would not describe any of the women in the couples that I saw as "skanky".......I think you should go somewhere else for your next holiday as you most certainly did not appear to have a good time at Temptations?........I had drinks constantly brought to me by one of the bartenders (Ricardo) whenever he saw me at PatyO's and thought it a very nice gesture not to mention good service........

7. ColoradoSkiBum

ColoradoSkiBum Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW! Quit while you are behind....

See "oxymoron".

Actually I think that would describe ALL resorts. But what do you think you are going to experience ANYWHERE where you mix single guys, girls and even couples AND alcohol AND the 'I-am-in-Mexico-so-I-can-do-what-I-wouldn't-do-at-home-even-if-there-are-a-dozen-cameras-pointed-at-me' attitude?

I think you make some gross over generalizations.

My wife and I where there April 6-11 and we were not hit on by anyone. Maybe WE are not the "type". Not skanky enough? Not attractive enough? Not lucky enough? What would you say? Then again maybe we were and we were too busy just having fun being who we are and not focusing on the negatives.

And I have to take offense to your description of many couples...

My wife is quite attractive and in GREAT shape. Yes, I could drop some weight, yes, I am bald and yes, I have money.... What does that mean?

Perhaps you would like to explain to my wife the reasons that she and I are married.

Sorry, I don't post much here, but I read the forums regularly and for those who met me during our stay, they know that I am anything but quiet and I definitely speak up when I take offense.

It sounds like maybe singles week is an exception to the rule and maybe you should avoid it next time. There were plenty of singles when we were there anyway. And, I have to say: If you go anywhere (including your local clubs) looking to "make friends", you are likely to run into the overaly pushy type that has been marinated in tequila far too long.

- Brian

8. Beck

Beck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow Krissy, what exactly is the definition of "skanky", everyone but you? I don't know that you know how to have fun. My hubby's bald, but definately in shape and still very, very hot. Maybe you should stop catogarizing people and relax a little.

No, we weren't there for singles week, we left April 9th, but I can say we probably had one of the best holidays we've ever had and it was our first time at Temptation. We have never been to Hedo or any other adult resort, so can't compare, but all I can say is everyone that was there while we were, had a great time

9. Beck

Beck I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DITTO!

10. Krissy4492

Krissy4492 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I knew I would get trashed if I expressed an opinion that differs from the couples. No wonder single people don't post here. You guys can have this forum. BB I have no idea what you are talking about. Your posts make no sense. Who is it that you think I am and why would you want to do an IP search on me? Weird. And yes, there were a lot of hot young guys there and that is who the couples were hitting on. I didn't hear of any couples hitting on middle-aged over-weight men. Why is that so hard to believe? And yes, the swinger women were skanky. Did you see them at the disco with the red leather biking and see-thru pink top, not on lingerie night.
    So now it's all my fault because I was presenting myself the wrong way? And no, I don't expect guys to think they can have sex with me if I invite them up to my balcony to have a drink, in the middle of the day overlooking the quiet pool?? You guys are oblivious to what is going on. There are 4 posts on TripAdvisor that back up what I have been saying. And read the Temptation website forum and you'll find out exactly what goes on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice