How to get to Cancun from California?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Comrade Flynn, May 14, 2007.

1. Comrade Flynn

Comrade Flynn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I booked an 8 night stay with the intention of booking my flight after I got the hotel. However, now that I'm looking into it, the flight looks to be more expensive than the hotel! I'm seeing $1200/person with layovers in Texas out of San Jose. How do most Californians get to Cancun cheaply? Also, would it be cheaper to fly out of San Diego?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would check Travelocity, it let's you check from surrounding airports. We don't get a lot of traffic here from CA, most of ya'll seem to go down the west coast of Mexico. And when people do come they change in Texas or somewhere.

3. LadyLegs

LadyLegs Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My husband and I are coming to Cancun from California in August. We booked our flight through cheaptickets.com in April. Our total was $889.06 round trip and we will be flying American Air. Obviously, the earlier you purchase your tickets the better. Feel free to pm me if you need any additional info.

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Left you the number of an acquaintance of mine that comes to Cancun same time as us every year from California in your PM message box.
    Call him and ask - chances are he'll know the best way.

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a friend who seems to get cheaper fares by flying out of Tijuana than San Diego.

6. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From my searches and Experience. LAX seems to be the cheapest. are you flying out of San Jose?
    If so. check with Expedia flying out of LAX. then book a flight with Southwest directly for 49 dollars each way from San Jose to LAX. they have flights almost every hour.
    Or if you are near San Diego, then you might want to flight out og Tijuana. that might be cheaper than LAX

7. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done it twice, both times the same way, once from San Jose, the other from LA.

San Jose to Miami, FL -always found a flight for sub $100
    Miami to Cancun - often find cheap flights to Cancun ($49 to $150)

8. Comrade Flynn

Comrade Flynn Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is Funjets legit? They seem to have some good deals out of Dallas, which isn't too expensive to fly to from San Jose.

9. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Funjets is legit. Most of the travel agents in Oklahoma offer Funjets.

10. dannieboiz

dannieboiz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure if you've got your flight yet but i used www.kayak.com to book my ticket which was then routed back to cheaptickets.com and got my ticket for under $500pp flying out of SFO with a 1hr layover in Mexico City. But I fly red eye @ 12:40am so I don't waste my Friday.

San Jose and oakland will be more expensive to get to Cancun.

So 40 minute drive to save $300pp x 4 that's $1200 definitely worth it. HTH.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice