How to get Netflix USA in Mexico or anywhere in the world.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Robbie.F, May 8, 2012.

1. Robbie.F

Robbie.F Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A few weeks ago i was searching through various forums for infomation and i saw on one asking how to get Netflix USA in mexico. To be honest i dont remember if it was in here or another forum but ive posted the answer here as this was the only forum where anyone helped me out and i would like to return the help.

For those of you who use netflix here the Mexico version is ok but compaired to the US version which has subtitles in english and alot more films and series. You only need a mexican account which at present is 99 pesos a month you will need either a PC (which i presume you have or how else would you be reading this) an ipad, iphone, playstation 3, xbox 360 or a wii now the good new is with this site it will allow you to connect to netflix USA on your playstation 3, xbox 360 or wii at no extra charge (iphone and ipad youll have to see how it goes) to connect via computer there is an fee from from US$4.95 a month upto $44.94 a year.
    Its very very easy to set up and you can still surf the net or use xbox live as always, they even give you 8 free days without putting any credit card or payment details.

Here is the web page:

http://www.unotelly.com/portal/aff.php?aff=13120

Now as i said for playstation 3 , xbox or wii owners this is always free (although i believe to use netflix on a xbox 360 you need a xbox live gold account) fill out the account details on the webpage and follow the easy instuctions on how to change you consoles DNS setting then enjoy my free 8 day trail ran out a while ago and my ps3 is still connecting fine although my pc can no longer connect to netflix untill i pay the subscription fee or delete the DNS infomation and then return to using netflix mexico.

Anyway if you need any help on setting up please dont be afraid to ask and i hope this infomation comes of some use to you

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok here's a stupid question (sorry, I know nothing about technology)...

If I get Netflix and I have a Wii, but I don't have internet access at my house, would it still work? Or do I need internet?

4. Robbie.F

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Gringation, Unfortunately you do need wireless internet to get netflix on the wii.

5. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just signed up for the free trial and it works great...will be buying this service. Thanks for the info.

6. Robbie.F

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    youre welcome :D

7. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just an update...We now have the unotelly service and have bought a Roku 2 xd so we now have US Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora Radio and a bunch of other channels.

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are the costs in terms of both monthly and for the hardware?

If I have this stuff, can I watch UFC live?

9. Robbie.F

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi

a Roku 2 xd will cost you around $60 dollars if you shop around and the Unotelly service will cost you $4.95 a month upto $44.95 a year although there are half year options open. As for ufc you may need to subscribe to the gold package which starts at $7.95 a month but has more channel options open to you.

I found this in regards to the Ruko system

Roku Streaming Players | Roku 2 HD Player, Roku 2 XD Player and Roku 2 XS Player

Hope this infomation is helpfull to you

10. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thans Robbie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice