how to file complaint with profeco

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Jan 10, 2008.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It appears as if I will have to file a complaint with profeco against hi-tec windows cancun.

I have never done this before can someone walk me through the process?

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - If you are writing that means you weren't in that awful wreck on I-4. I was going to email you to make sure you are ok.

Husbandito says your best bet is to go into Profeco in person. Do you have facturas? Have you told the window folks that you are considering using Profeco? They might behave if they are threatened.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a very successful result from a filing with Profeco. You must go there in person. Have all bills, invoices, proposals and any other paperwork relating to your claim. If you are claiming inferior workmanship, photos are great. I printed b&w 8 x 10 images of the items in question, along with performance logs verified by an online testing service. This was for a wireless ISP and related equipment, contacted for before ADSL was available in the ZH.

The official looked at my "evidence" called the party I was claiming against and ordered them to appear 30 days later. They showed up a bit late, which was enought to annoy the official (even here in Mexico). He asked 3 or 4 questions along the line of "Did you contract to do this?, Why does it look like this?, What is your reason for not meeting the terms of your bid?" In all honesty, the tone was of the "When did you stop beating your wife?" kind of questioning. He was cooked from the outset.

I got a 100% refund, payable 30 days later at Profeco. The next month they showed up with the cash, got their paperwork signed and it was over. Start to finish was 60 days. Frankly, I was pleasantly surprised.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice