How safe is the room safe?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Wayne1985, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Wayne1985

Wayne1985 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any reports on many thefts?

wondering if i take all cash will i end up with nothing soon as I go out of my room...

brain telling me to take travellers cheques but I wanna take cash for convience...

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    well...........its a huge safe with a lock.........they are pretty full proof! There have been isolated incidents.............but for the most party they work great!

3. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    your room is safe?

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I like this... we know exactly where his mind is.....

Just can't seem to keep the "y" off of "part" :D

Jamie

5. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    lol I know! Its been a LONG morning..........and I have only been here 30 minutes............. :evil:

6. Dookie Drawers

Dookie Drawers Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

HA! Nice...

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well someone always knows how to get into the safe...I don't put everything int he safe I hide some somewhere in my luggage

8. KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND

KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wayne1985-- Wayne its kind of difficult to answer your safe question without knowing what hotel you are staying at. But if you are staying at the Oasis Cancun they have pretty secure safes that are usually bolted down in the closet area. A key along with the lock, can only be purchased from the front desk for about 4-5 usd per day ((((DO IT)))). In all of my 8 soon to be 9 Trips to this PARTY SPOT.... I have never ever ever, heard anyone saying my SAFE JUST GOT PRYED OPEN. Its usually my room just got robbed, they ransacked my luggage, stole my digital camera, ipod, money, cellphone and jewelery. ALL CONTENTS THAT CAN FIT SECURELY IN YOUR ROOM SAFE. Usally when I ask the invidual or individuals a few questions such as: Did you make sure your room door was pulled close? (((Since Oasis room doors need to be pulled shut, they dont close on own))). Did you make sure your balcany sliding door was closed and locked? ((( Since individuals are known to climb down from one level to another and enter unsecure sliding balcany doors))). And last I ask did you have a safe lock? (((And its always answered with NO IM STUPID I SHOULD OF.)))

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME AND PREVENT BEING A VICTIM...THERE IS PLENTY OF TIME TO PARTY AND PLENTY OF ALCHOL TO GO AROUND.

1. Get a safe lock and key, place all important documents ie.. passport, travel docs, digital camera, ipod, cash in the safe.

2. Make sure sliding balcany door is locked before you leave your room. And if it does not lock...switch rooms immediately or have it fixed. I have had broken ones, that have been fixed to prevent being moved.

3. For god sakes take the time to pull your door closed to your room before heading to the elevator or stairs...because it does not fully close on its own. CHECK CHECK AND RECHECK before you turn and go.

4. House keeping is honest for the most part, but if you dont trust them....clean your own room, just give them a couple of dollars a day for clean towels, rags, and NEW SHEETS !

Hope this answered all questions....now stop worrying about it

9. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I ALWAYS keep a "do not disturb" sign on the door while we are gone so it seems we are sleeping or that we dont want people coming in. That is another great way to keep maids out if you dont want them.

10. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well very good infor the the Ho Oasis KP_Da_CANCUN_LEGEND.

Simple things like that can save you some heart ache.

I myself do sometime puyt the DND sign on my door, I don't need a maid in their every day. That keeps prying eyes and fingers out of your room. And let's be honest here do you really need to bring 2 cameras or 4 watches or exspesive things as such with you?

I met these guys who had their video camera stolen, like bottle and bottle of calogne, and several watches...I just stared at them like?? Why the heck did you bring all of that..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice