How safe is it

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jeep & ally, Feb 23, 2009.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    a few Canadians have died in the past few years. I think roughly 1 per year. and it caused a large uprising in the Canadian press with politicians calling for travel bans and what not.

But never once did it change our minds about traveling there and even having our wedding there last Oct. What that woman wrote in her article is very much like what the sensationalist writers up here wrote after each death.

Just because it's written on the internet, in the newspaper or spoken on tv doesn't make it true.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,254 / 14
    The only ones I can recall are

the couple at a wedding party nr Playa del Carmen who were killed in their rooms, the chief suspects were Canadian staying in the same hotel.

an intoxicated guy who died of multiple injuries at his hotel, the Police said it was a fall, the relatives said he was beaten up.

3. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    actually there's been a few more.. but not in Cancun. I'm talking all of Mexico. I'm sorry I should have stated that.

The one you're talking about Steve has some really fishy stuff going on. But I was just trying to make the point that it's really not a dangerous place to travel to.

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I would guess you would have a much greater chance of getting hurt driving a car around Cancun than from being hurt by crime. It scares me more ! Terry

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    so true - it is a experience like no other -

tonya and i just looked at each other and said everything without saying a word :shock:

6. jeep & ally

jeep & ally Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i see a lot more post about the travel adviseory wow sorry i started something

7. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just read a scarey story about driving in the Cancun area, an American rented a car and was rear ended, the police found him at fault, then I read the police take you to jail until the figure out whos is at fault and if it is your fault you stay there until you pay for the damages! I wounder if it works the same way if you are driving a golf cart on the IOW . Also I beleive it was Oct 2 yrs ago we went on the Friday night booze cruise with friends, there was a mom with her daughters with us and they got very drunk, they where so drunk when we got to Carlos and Charles, they decided to take a taxi back. One of the daughers puked in the taxi and the driver told them if they didnt give him a hundred bucks and would call the police and they would go to jail and she paid it. So is there a law againist puking in a taxi or was he just scaming them? Terry

8. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    this may seem like a silly question but if I were to spend a week at TTR and then decide I wanted to do a week of camping on the beach for a detox/relaxation part of my vacation are there good places in or near cancun I could do that?

I think that if I spent a week after TTR with a cooler full of XX or Corona and a tent I would be able to say I had the vacation of my life!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice