How much to tip driver and guide? Leaving 6-11

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Momof3, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are using a private driver to CI. How much of a tip do we leave him? If we chose to hire a guide, separate from the driver, how much of a tip do we leave? I also have a question on the presence of sea lice. This will be our third trip and have been fortunate enough to have avoided any problems. We are staying at the FAGCB.

Vonda

2. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would said USD $ 15 to 20 is fine for a private driver, regarding the guide we usually tip between 2 and 3 USD per person.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We tipped our driver $25.00 and although he didn't say anything, it appeared as though he wasn't thrilled with the tip. Their were issues with a tire on the van that made the trip up slow and very bumpy. On the way back, we had to stop and get a new tire. Even though we weren't thrilled with the ride, we did not tip any less than we were going to.

Vonda

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Wouldn't take it personally. He probably had one of those days where for him everything that could go wrong, went wrong and he couldn't provide the type of day he wished he could have for you.

Might even have been that he's going to have to pay for the tire and sort of looked at the tip as a passing thing that he might have been able to hold onto under different circumstances.

Like I said, won't take it personal, you gave a good tip.

The main thing is that overall, did you enjoy the day?

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice