How much spending Money??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by whdream, Jan 10, 2007.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah got some stuff for free too ehcne why 350 was enough money for me this year :wink:

2. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there should be two questions here.

1. How much money will we need for the entire trip?
    2. How much hard cash would we need to bring?

I got money but I hate carrying lots of it around (I don't want to lose it or get mugged). My wallet rarely has more than $100 in it. It's fine since I live in NYC and I can charge practically everything to my credit card and there are ATMs at every street corner. But what percentage of the spending money in Cancun will require American dollar? I am only going for 6 days 5 nights and I am thinking about bring as little cash as possible($300-400). I'll simply take out Pesos from the ATMs down there and use my credit card whenever possible. Is that a good plan?

3. BagOfSand

BagOfSand Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm there for a week and I've always brought 350-400 and never ran out. I don't see how people spend upwards of 800 if your not buying gifts and Stuff like that. I spend my money on clubs, drinks, tips, and I usually stock my room with red bull and gatorade.

4. bigdickcadillac

bigdickcadillac Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah 400 American is my classic buy in to Cancun but I'm thinking maybe a little more this year for a hooker for a buddy.. bad idea I know don't even respond but god dammit it will be funny

5. London_niki

London_niki Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    same here, its better to be over than under...

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah always better to have more. But just be careful..Don't need to flash your money everywhere..

7. London_niki

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    im not that stupid! lol

it will be more like $400 in all and the rest of the $1200 in pestos but getting them from the atm...

$100 will be for tipping... at the mo were getting grate rates against the dollar...

8. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am just saying..

9. London_niki

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i know... :wink:

10. Ant95

Ant95 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i usually bring b/t 550 and 700, some years i would come home with leftover where as last year i came home with not once peso u figure 35-40 a nite for club then bus pizza tips outside food (ai gets old real fast) money for bottles every nite and red bull for pregaming (add up quick) waters gatorade if one nite u miss the hotels bus to the club or u dont want to go where they are going and u show up and the line is 8 blocks long money for the doorman so u get in right away cigars etc

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice