How much spending Money??

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by whdream, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Mad-Ad

Mad-Ad Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jason Im finding you holding you down and making you the Victim of 07!

Bye
    Adam

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    GOOD!!!!!!!!!! That means you MUST come to cancun to catch me!! :cool:

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ha ha that does mean u have to be in cancun Adam :?

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    loli dont no i took 1400 and did no trips lol and spentit we wasted abit on taxis before we discovered the amazing bus tho lol

5. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We always take 100.00 per day, and we do okay with it.

If its just me and Kevin, that is good...but with the kids with us, we always figure out exactly which tours we want to do on the trip, plan for that money alone, then bring extra.

Things to consider before you go....especially repeat people....is there a particular souvenier you wanted last time that you couldn't afford to bring back???

For example:
    silver jewelry
    hammocks (for yourself or family) (about 25.00 USD)
    pullover sweatshirts
    hoodie
    alcohol at the duty free....
    *insert any other higher priced item here*

6. Madd Dougg

Madd Dougg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't remember how much I took last year but the year before that it was about 800 or £900, - Don't know what the exchange rate is - Can't remember.

But truthfully its better to just take your debit cards and stick them into a hole in the wall and withdraw Mexican money! Then just go totally made with the thousands in your hand.

The first time we went we had about 3 or $400 on the last day so we decided to just go stupid and make sure we spend it all, - We still had $300 by the end of the trip :? That just goes to show that even when you try very hard to spend money in Cancun its difficult to spend it cos the previos $10 got you so much already so by the end of the night and $100 laters your living like kings and probably at the point of dropping with alcahol poisoning.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I always bring my VISA to buy smokes at the airport and then for booze on my way back home...That way it doesn't cut into my spending money.

After 5 times in Cancun I have all the shot, glasses, Sand picture frames, and ashtrays I can handle hee hee :lol:

8. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hahaha yes dream, I have NO need to be buying ANY more gifts from the market! My gf on the other hand..................

9. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Always like to get something small to bring home with me...

10. deeka

deeka Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    cheap

Two weeks last year (summer) cost me about £850. So 1500 dollars.

That included trips, jet skis, a different club every night, bars for a couple before the club, bars to watch the World Cup.

This year I'm planning a little less cos I'm only doing one trip and will chill for a few nights at the hotel bar, which is free.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice