How much spending money would I need for a week in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Newtraveler, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im going on the last week of Jan and my Hotel is not the best from what ive read, its an all inclusive however Im a person who eats lots of protein and good carbs, I want to also eat at a reasonable steak restaurant nothing fancy just need my protein, I also want to visit the Market 28 and Walmart to get water bottles and fruits, I may want to visit Coco bongo to see what its like bear in mind I DONT drink alcohol nor do I smoke, So could you suggest for me please how much money id need? and whats the best currency to take? I think the UK pound is about one to 17 Pesos. Thanks for your help everyone

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    If your hotel is all inclusive and you dont drink then you wont need much money at all. The hotel will have water and fruit so no need for Walmart really. Your hotel will have plenty of beef and chicken too. For a good steak dinner at a nice but not expensive restaurant expect to pay around $15-20. Coco Bongo is around $50 entrance. Souvenirs and nick nacks at market 28 are not expensive, $5 a T shirt etc.

The best way to take currency from the UK is not to. Just take your atm card and take money out of the machine, you should get around 20 pesos to the £ that way instead of 17 at the exchanges. You might want to take a little cash to last you until you find the atm machine, in which case I would take pesos.

3. Newtraveler

Newtraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Steve, I was just wondering how far are the steak restaurants from my Hotel Dos Playas? and If I do go to walmart can I bring things like water bottles, beans tins and other small foods back to the hotel with me? and I didnt think of Cancun having ATM machines I just called my bank Lloyds they told me they charge 5% for every transaction made abroad. Can you lastly tell me if Coco Bongo sells bottled water? because Im not a clubber person and I never drink alchol or can I bring my own water bottle in Coco Bongo? :oops: Thanks you message was a great help, God bless

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice