How much money to bring??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cheribeth, Mar 2, 2009.

1. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im trying to figure out how much money we should bring... My husband andI want to get a massage while we are there.. not sure how much that is.. We are going to Isla Mujeres for one day.. I hate traveling with too much money, and dont want to use my debit or credit card while Im there!

2. jrose52

jrose52 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    money

we went scuba diving, to isla mujeres on the booze cruise, a night or two to the clubs and went downtown to the markets and ate at a fewe restaurants off the resort. We had about $1,000 and didnt spend it all. in addtion, we bought stuff from the "convenient" store at the resort about everyday, which we wont do this time. It all depends on what you want to spend. I think you can get away with less than that. hope this helps.

3. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I know that you said that you don't want to use your debit card or credit card while there. I'd reconsider that if I was you. There's lots of ATM's all over the place and they give good exchange rates with minimal charges. I'm taking about 1000 pesos in my pocket and my cards. I think that using your cards is a helluvalot safer than walking around with gobs of cash.

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We bring about the same amount and if we need more we use the ATM with no problems(seems to give you the best exchange rate) Terry

5. jdavis331

jdavis331 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    true on the atms and exchange rate... i have pulled money out everytime i have been and have never had an issue... i think the fees (from my bank and theirs) still equal out to less than i actually pulled out, dollar wise (with the exchange rate the atm gives you)... and if you come with american cash and let the locals give you change, you have pretty much doubled your money (they really jip you)... i would be more afraid to carry around cash, than a credit card...

jenn

6. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    We go twice a year for a week. Usually bring 300-500 cash and our debit card.

7. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, that helps a lot! I heard so many warnings about using a debit, credit card in Punta Cana, so I wasnt sure if Cancun was the same!

8. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Same here...never had a problem using debit card...that way you don't have cash you have to exchange back if you don't use it...

9. osiferrick

osiferrick Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    it cost about 50.00 a person to go to a club and that includes cover to get in and all you can drink, i usually take about 100.00 in one dollar bills to tip the bartenders,cooks,and room maids..the bus cost 1.00 a trip..think scuba was about 80-100 a person..i take about 1000.00 and still came home with aout 200-300.. just all depends on how much shopping and excursions you do....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice