How much is enough???

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rrobertsjowen, May 3, 2007.

1. rrobertsjowen

rrobertsjowen Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How much cash does the average person need to bring to cancun?? I know thats like asking -how long is a piece of string!! But we are on a budget and have a couple of tours etc in mind...... dolphins, xcaret, jungle tour and coco bongos....?? we are bringing around 1600 brittish pounds which is roughly 3,000 dollars- and staying for 2 weeks.... is this enough???????????????????? :oops:

2. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Sounds like plenty to me. We don't ever stay that long, and spend quite a bit of time at the resort. That is over $200 per day, and will get you a lot of fun. The two of us usually don't spend about half that much per day.

To spend all of that, I would expect that you would have to tip very well at the resort, eat out several nights, go out to the bars several times, and go on a couple of tours over the course of your trip.

You can always bring some back, or just take less with you and use the ATM for more cash. Use the safe wisely if you are bringing $3000 cash.

3. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Sounds like lots to me. We don't do to many tours but, spent 500.00 US while we were there last month. We did Carlos N Charlies, Dady O's, Coco Bongos, and the booze cruise and the rest of the time was spent at BBG.
    Coco bongos = 40.00 US/person
    Jungle Tous = probably 150.00
    don't know about the others but, even tipping really good your probably fine.

4. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Should be plenty of cash...we stay for 2 weeks at a time and usually spend around 1000 Canadian...we don't usually bring cash though...just use our bank card and withdraw as we need it...if your card is on the interac/plus system usually not a problem.

5. W&K

W&K Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Also Dolphins were $160 when we went last year...
    Hope to see you there...looking forward to a great time!

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ample amounts there i took £900 and this lasted full 14 days plus i went out every night. You will have a amazing time Cancun is so nice.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  8. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    enough money

I stayed there a month in december-january what a month that would be with 3000lbs@ the exchang rate 2$/lb thats a lot of cash.have fun!!!!

9. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    enough money

oops! sorry read wrong 1600lbs should be plenty not as nice as 3000 but plenty

10. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D We it all depends on what you want to do and see.. We spend about $1000.00 for 9 days.. We hit clubs(prices are anywhere from $35.00 to $40.00 open bar)

Tours are all different prices.. If you plan on doing lots of things I would say $1000.00 is good

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice