How much does alcohol cost in the States?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tea_jay85, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    have any of you guys ever heard of a vodka called Gotland ... found it in cancun and have never seen it since (you can drink it like water, dangerous)

can't beleive how cheap drinks are over in the states,

does everyone drink Jager over there? that stuff makes me every time :oops:

2. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    It is not cheap to drink in the States. It's cheap to drink cheap alcohol from a liquor store.

At the bars it is ridiculously expensive to buy drinks, especially if you like quality.

3. elizabethg

elizabethg Addict Registered Member

mayfield, kentucky but currently in the dirty bgiz
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    case of natty light-10 bucks
    i love college!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [quote="DConCT
    It is not cheap to drink in the States. It's cheap to drink cheap alcohol from a liquor store.

At the bars it is ridiculously expensive to buy drinks, especially if you like quality.[/quote]

same as, cost £4 (about $8) for a pint of coke the other day...crazy days

5. tea_jay85

tea_jay85 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yerrr drinking out in clubs is way more exy in australia too ... but your liquor store prices are still WAY cheaper ... in US dollars our alcohol is around;

vodka - 20-30
    24 pack of local/cheap beer- 22-25
    24 pack of corona - 40
    750 Jager - 33
    JD - 27

Clubbing prices in the city i live in arent as expensive as some cities in australia and student nights and stuff make it bareable - thursdays have like 4 dollar jager bombs, 3.50 coronas and stuff like that ... still an expensive night out!!

thanks for all the replies! can not wait to be in the states next february!
    xx
    tim

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have some crazy cheap nights midweek and they get really busy and great atmosphere because of this 50p ($1) shot and £1 ($2) bottles in most bars. on fridays the big club its "£12 ($23-24) all can drink easy to get served too no tipping done in UK. some nights though it can sky rocket to like $7 a beer and $15 cover to bar for same places i just avoid these nights

7. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    shite, are they student nights or regular nights you go to trigger?

need to go for a few nights up north, sounds much better than down here

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Student night is on the tuesday and everywhere has those cheap drinks and its extremly busy same as weekends id say for numbers. that deal with the all you can drink is on a friday night at a club the rest of town is the average costs you no £3 a bottle but all you can drink 10-2am £12 and they have like 12 workers on each bar so served quick enough i go in at 10 and its dead and just do bottle after bottle like 12 in first hour before it gets busy :lol:

9. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    which town is that in? used to have those nights here, but they stopped and now when we go out, dont get much change on a night from £100, bastards lol

10. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doncaster . i think Barnsley does a similar student night on a wednesday but i dont like the place just loads of pubs i prefer big bars and clubs. Well Goverment try and stop them with this whole binge drinking crap but i rarely see any problems what so ever luckily theres allot of pubs on the outskirts playing happy hardcore so the chavs stay out of the nice places :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice