how long to drive?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by darkladydi, May 25, 2007.

1. darkladydi

darkladydi Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    can you drive from texas to cancun? and how long would it take?

2. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Driving to Monterrey(sp) is one thing, but driving all the way to Cancun would be tough in my opinion. I guess you could hug the coast thru Tampico, etc....but I would think it would take at least two days, maybe 3, not knowing how the roads are all the way to Cancun. Its a loooooong hot drive.

3. gene37412

gene37412 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I drove from Chattanooga, Tennessee to Cancun....the entire drive took 4 1/2 days......3 of it from Brownsville, TX to Cancun...total 2697 miles

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we moved here we flew from Matamoros to Cancun. But our moving truck, with all our worldly goods, drove here in just under 2 days, I'm sure they were driving too fast, in fact I think they had to bribe their way out of at least one speeding ticket.

And when the guys got here they were completely strung out, once we unloaded the truck we had to take them out for about 20 beers each just to set them straight.

5. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From Laredo, Brownsville or Mc Allen tou need to drive to Monterrey use the toll road.... then go to Saltillo, Matehuala, Sna Luis Potosi, Mexico City, Veracruz, Merida nd Cancun....

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can drive to Cancun from Texas but how long would depend on where you start from in Texas. I guess my fellow posters did not think of that question.

Brownsville to Cancun - 2,418 km

El Paso to Cancun = 3,650 km

It's about 13 hours and 800 miles from Amarillo to Brownsville.

When you get on the toll roads in Mexico you can make good time. But it really depends on where you are coming from in Texas and where you cross the border.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are not sightseeing and are willing to pay to use the toll routes you can easily make the drive in 2 days. Starting in Brownsville the first day should end in Veracruz, the second in Cancun.

When we brought our car down from New York we did the trip in 5 1/2 driving days, averaging about a thousand miles a day (5263 miles from the JFK long term lot to our house in the ZH). That's not to say we did it on consecutive days, but we carefully logged the actual trip, subtracting miles accumulated during stopovers.

The Brownsville to Cancun leg was done on 2 consecutive days, with a half day added to repair a broken motor mount caused by an unmarked tope outside of Veracruz.

8. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Driving

I have been following a trip report on the travelnotes website of a couple driving from Texas. it's a great travel log. look under Cozumel general discussions. "Journey to Cozumel"

They're doing alot of sightseeing along the way and the report is complete with pictures.

Jimmy

9. LadyLegs

LadyLegs Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can you provide the web address or a link. I'm having dificulty finding the site.

Thanks.

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice