how is the rental market in cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Feb 16, 2009.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I have some great renters in our house in Alamos. The peso devaluation has really killed our income though.

I would love to raise rent but, my gut tells me that there is probably a lot of pressure on housing in cancun right now.

Most of you know my house but, I am only getting 16000 pesos after maintenance right now.

any thoughts on what the market might bear or any interest in a very interesting large house in a quiet residential neighborhood?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi John, go with your gut. :)

There are "se renta" signs all over town, seems like more everyday. I know a couple of people who have asked for and received rent reductions recently, so IMHO, if you've got good tenants, keep'em. Just my dos centavos for whatever that is worth with the exchange rate these days. :lol:

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi John,

Totally agree with Canuck, there are many signs "se vende" AND "se renta" in Alamos especially, on the same house, I have friends there who tell me that people are desperate to do whatever they can (sell/rent) with their property.

Your house is very nice, but there are many similar, my studio is rented now but empty after the 28. Many clients come, nobody rents. It is a lot of money for the Mexicans. Some owners decrease the rent, some others no, if you have good tenants, John, please keep them, otherwise you may stay without income for long. Your gut is right :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice