How is the beach post-Hurricane Dean?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by 212eric, Aug 26, 2007.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Read this: http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32711&highlight=delfines

Basically, and I caution that it's hard to track down solid info, an Italian develper is building yet another condo complex across the street from Delfines (one wonders where the stores and roads are that will support all these 18 floor wonders). The story is that the developer also managed to buy a good part of Delfines to erect a sort of beach club for the condo. After much posturing about how Delfines was for the people, the land was sold, based on a promise by the developer to "maintain public access". Now, it appears as though the government is trying to buy back the land it sold, or at least that is the story. Somehow, it rings hollow. As Dangers (and Joni Mitchell) said, "They've paved paradise and put up a parking lot." The only difference is the color of the taxi.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I wasn't questioning your answer...I was simply asking a question.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And in re-reading my reply, I realize the tone was wrong. Obviously, this is an emotional issue for my family (one of our sons also owns a condo on Retorno del Rey) and I let it creep into my reply. Sorry if I offended you.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone been up near the Riu Carobe lately?? How is that hotel doing?

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now I think I know what the project is, it is called Bay View Grand Island and it is being built to the west of the Hilton's golf course. It looks like a beautiful project with several buildings. It is supposed to be ready by October of 2009 and one of the selling points is that there will be a beach club, since obviously the development is going to be overlooking the lagoon. I doubt very highly that BVG Island would sell their rights to a beach club back to the government.

http://www.grandisland.com.mx/gi.html

212eric

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now that there is enough to make me vomit :chuck: Say bye bye to another beautiful beach.

Isnt there some Mayan ruins and a muesum on that side of the lagoon??

Delfines was our favorite beach.......

7. svtcobra242

svtcobra242 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ill have more info and picks later.I justr got back and the Beach is getting better and better by the day.
    At the Oasis, Phase 1 has rocks and you are not allowed to swin there. But Phase 2 was awesome. we arrived last week on Wednesday and the beach was dull, but as the days went by it got better and better. Yesterday, it was beautiful.
    Pictures to follow soon.
    See ya .....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice