How easy is it to get a job in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by drewp, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Magikstarrynite7

Magikstarrynite7 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WHERE did you find a place like that?!?! :headbanger: That sounds perfect! I am looking for other options are my cancun local bf and I are having trouble getting him a US visa right now :(. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I'm not exactly THRILLED about maybe having to sell timeshares but I am a communications major and I current sell apartments for my dad, so it isn't competely out of my element...

What is the pay for timeshare? Is it completely based off comission or do you get any time of regular salary? Also, what are the odds of getting some type of "public relations" job such as selling wristbands on teh street for Coco Bongo or recruiting tourists for excurision or something (sorry couldn't figure out the correct wording for that!)

2. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All the Timeshare jobs interviews that I went to, both telemarketing and in the Hotels were 100% Commission based. That is not to say all of them are like that, but from what I hear, that is the norm. As for working at the Clubs as PR; you have to go to each one and talk to the Managers face to face. Those jobs don't really get posted in the paper. And as a forigner, you will most likely be sent to the Hotels to do PR work....the hrs are normally 9am to 2 or 3 pm. Then back again 9pm to 2 or 3 am. Pay is salary plus commissions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice