How do you guys deal with the traffic and other nonsense

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Dec 2, 2011.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about the fact that there is nothing forcing drivers to have working brake lights and head lights? How many times have we had to slam on brakes to avoid some moron with no brake lights who decides to make a last second turn and hits his or her own breaks hard, giving us no visual warning.

Hey John, I have seen better and cleaner restrooms at the gas stations and the ones along the cuota to Merida too. Not sure I have ever seen restrooms IN as convenience store.

But you can go the restrooms at Plaza Las Americas Food Court and there are no paper towels, air dryers or toilet seats in the mens room, and it smells like a sewer.

2. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ: The ladies room at Plaza Las Americas food court also has no soap, no paper towels and no hand dryer (except for once, I think), which surprises me since they're newly remodeled! The stalls themselves are generally clean, but often missing toilet paper.

3. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Driving is a nightmare - partly due to the fact that police do not enforce the laws, the "driving test" is questionable and there are many unroadworthy cars on the road. My pet hate here though and it drives me to despair is people driving with kids in the front seat jumping all over the place. I know some people cannot afford car seats- I get it - but is it so hard to strap them in the back and make them sit down. ???

Driving back from Playa/P Morelos on a sunday has to be the most dangerous time/day to drive. Many drinks too many beers on the beach and race up the highway- its scary !
    Be careful out there.

4. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What about the mopeds with Mom, Dad, Child and infant on it? Any safety issues there? I see this "accident waiting to happen" all the time. I guess some people just want to get from point "A" to point "B" without thinking of the consequences.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice