How do you get that gorgeous tan before you go?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bern & Steve, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have noticed that a lot of the people heading south have gorgeous tans before they go! Let us all know how you do it?

1) Tanning Bed
    2) Stand up tanning booth
    3) Self Tanning Lotion
    4) Tanning pills
    5) Naturally tanned from trips and summer
    6) Spray on Tans

Lets here from everyone what your opinons and suggestions are on all of the above?

Or do you just go and get tanned while on vacation?

2. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Barb just started her regimen, which consists of tanning beds, but if when she arrives at her salon, the beds are full and she doesn't want to wait she will use the stand up beds. She just started about 2 weeks ago for our trip in April. She is also naturally dark so it just enhances her natural beauty.

Me on the other hand, I just go and burn. I am bald, so I use a skull cap, part way through the week, my head is white everything else has seen sun, so then I take the cap off and then I burn my head, then I can't shave it for a couple weeks cause it hurts too much so I leave it, hair starts growing back in, but then my burns start peeling and when the skin peels off the strips of hair come out, I am a real mess 2 weeks after the vacation.

3. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    i would say tanning beds, stand up rooms and direct sunlight for me and t

the best

rob

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Much like B & B, being the guy, I just go and burn. Even if I have a tan from running outside, or tanning before hand, I've got to much german blood in me. I have a pink glow by the first day. I get pretty dark, but I always burn....I know thats not good either, so I'm trying to use more spf.

The wife has some cherokee blood in her, and she bronzes quickly. She tans before we go though, and she uses a tanning bed that is different than most. Its huge, and one visit is equal to 4-5 regular beds. She does it 4 times before we leave. Its like 20 bucks a shot though.

5. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You guys burn all you like I'll Tan before I head to Cancun..last year I tanned for 6 sessions in the stand up tanning both and still burned the last day there without spf 30 sun block ...last thing I want do on Vacation is feel burnt ...I get enough of that from the Booze :beergone:

6. Rick&Kelly

Rick&Kelly Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    we start tanning in beds before we go. This year I got a late start...stayed in a little to long on my first time and yikes... got my girls a little pink!!! I'm getting back to touchable and I'll be back in. Rick was smarter and did few minutes so he's good to go again.
    I'll be ready for drinking a F...k worrying about burning my girls while I'm there cuz they will be toasty by March 13!!!!!!!!!

7. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are very fortunate in having a tanning bed in our house. Before a trip to a tropical locale we start tanning 3 days a week for 15 minutes a session for 1 month. After that we tan 4 times a week, 20 minutes a session for the next 2 months. By that time we get to the resort we have a dark brown tan and have no worries of burning.

We found that getting a good tan beforehand is easier for us than applying sunscreen every couple of hours. Truth is....in the past we were drunk and could careless about applying sunscreen until it is too late and we are already burnt.

J&V

8. Rick&Kelly

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    I agree! We did just buy a bed but... like I said I had a little to much on my first time OOOpppps

9. vkandjk

vkandjk Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good point hortonklyn, you do have to start out slowly in the beginning. We have had the bed for almost 2 years now. Except for tanning for trips we just tan 2 times a week for 15 minutes to maintain a decent base tan.

Most importantly, the convenience to tan at a time that is best for you without having to drive to and wait to use a bed is priceless :lol: Enjoy your new bed; we have figured it pays for itself after 5-7 years depending on how often you tan.

V&J

10. Rick&Kelly

Ratings:
    +224 / 1
    Thanks for the Tips! I would rather the golden brown for sure!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice