HOW DO THE RENOVATIONS AT CANCUN PALACE LOOK?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by vickier, Feb 8, 2007.

1. vickier

vickier Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are now saying they will be open and fully operational by the 14th of Februay. The postponed the opening from the 10th to the 14th and claim everything will be complete and operational.

Locals, what does it look like down there now? Is this a line of bunk???

Please advise, very nervous about accomodation status!!!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Havent bene that way for a while (about 8 miles form our house), I'll remember to look out for you next time I'm up that way.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's not open. The side street (Retorno del Rey) is flooded from a well they're drilling, choked with mud and dust and potholes. The construction of the theater in front of the hotel on Kulkulcan is about 50% complete. Even if they were to open the hotel, the filth and noise from the remaining parts of the project would make the hotel uninhabitable, which is why despite their promises, they're closed. The public access to the beach in front of the hotel, Playa Ballenas, is clogged with construction materials and vehicles and is unuseable. It's still one big mess.

4. vickier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the feedback. After insiting on speaking to several supervisors and being told that they would are scheduled to be opened on the 14th and they would not move me unless the hotel was not open on the 17th when I have reservations (they would move me for an additional $302) I finally got on to agree to call the resort directly in Cancun to see if they are going to be 100% operational. They called back the next day and said that they could not guarantee they would be 100% operational so they agreed to move my reservations to Sun Palace!

The construction mess was what I was fearing so I am so relieved to have been moved. I really love the location and the beach at CP but have been reading great reveiws of the Sun Palace since the second re-opening.

I would suspect that even if they decide to open on the 14th (which I doubt) they will probably be closing it again because of complaints just as they did with the original opening of Sun Palace.

I can't wait to get there and see for myself what it looks like.

Thanks again for the info and the posts. If you see or hear anything else or about CP or Sun Palace please let me know.

7 days and counting!

5. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey don't forget about your friends here on the board that will be waiting to hear what you have to say about the Cancun Palace.
    I am going in June, let's hope it is up and running by then!!!!!
    Jeesh.

Ellabear424

6. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A contact that used to work at the CP that is now in public relations at a different resort said the word is...............sometime mid to late April.
    Fully operational by June.

7. DaveT

DaveT Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in the Moon Palace as we speak. My family and I were supposed to be staying at the Cancun Palace from Saturday to Sunday of this week. Obviously the CP did not open Saturday so we got shipped to Moon Palace. However, we did go to the Cancun Palace yesterday and it we were told that it will open on Wednesday. The entire front of the building (landscaping, etc.) looks like hell, but the building is gorgeous and was filled with employees. I was told that the pool is all ready and the restaurants are fully functional. We are ready to get the hell out of the Moon. It's too big. Our room is about a half mile from the lobby. I'll try to get back with you guys later.
    DaveT

8. vickier

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the info. I will try to get to a computer while there and let you guys know how the Sun palace is and the Cancun Palace as well. Once we get checked in I plan on a trip to CP to check it out!

Dave, you plan on transferring back to CP on Wednesday? I don't blame you at all. Moon Palace is great for certain things but is not what I am looking for when I go to Cancun!

Good luck to you, I hope they open on the 14th as planned. Were you able to go down to the beach area and see what it looks like?

Thanks guys, I will be in touch!

9. BSN

BSN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Palace

That is exactly why we booked the playacar palace the last two trips and this May. We have 3 days at the cancun palace in May and hopefully it will be ready or I guess we will get bumped to the Sun palace.

Looking forward to seeing pictures and info.

Are any other hotels/ resorts taking this long to rebuild or is the palace doing more than most?

10. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Date T

So are you planning to go to the Cancun Palace tomorrow???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice