~How did you meet your significant other?~

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by janie, Dec 11, 2006.

1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Didn't mean to imply you weren't havin a great time lookin :lol: :lol:

Or that you would have any trouble at all finding that special one :wink: :wink:

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was looking for a village outside of Valladolid Yucatan to do my field work for my B.A. on Mayan migration from Yucatecan villages to Cancun. I chose Chichimila because it filled my criteria for a study village, but I didn't know anyone there. So I showed up, sat in the park, and wondered what to do next. A girl walked up to me and asked me what I was doing, and I told her I was looking for a place to live. She told me to wait there while she got tortillas from the store and then took me to her family's store to meet her father, then took me home to eat lunch with the rest of the family. Her mother asked me tons of questions, gave me food, and I met various family members as I sat in their palapa kitchen. This very angry, shirtless kid with 6 pack abs walked in, screaming something to his mother, and completely ignored me and left.

The girl and her mother took me to their neighbor's house, had a conversation I didn't understand (the lady only spoke Maya) and then they told me that I should come back with my stuff as this was my new home as long as I wanted it as long as I helped buy staples for the family. Lived there for six months, bathed and ate at the other family's house, and the dark-skinned angry dude soon became my secret fellow. We'd sneak off to be together.

I graduated college, moved to Cancun and he then came to live with me there(ironically my thesis focused on the fact that young Mayan men have very few job options save for moving to Cancun).

Six years later and I'm doing the visa for him to come to the States.

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gem ... SWEET!

:lotsoflove:

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gbchayctca ... AHHHHH, now that's a love story!

:lotsoflove:

5. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bless everyones stories, aint love grand.

I'm still huntin' for a significant other...having a blast hunting in Australia! :D :wink:

6. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i could use a significant other!

7. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Use and abuse? :D

8. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol:

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jen and Kait ... don't either one of you settle!

you both deserve the BEST!
    :D

10. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just have fun for now Jen & Kait :!: :!: :!:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice