~How did you meet your significant other?~

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by janie, Dec 11, 2006.

1. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I saw this on another board, and some of the stories were touching ...

one couple even "met" on the Playa board,

then they met in person,

and now he's selling his house in the

U.S.A. to move to Playa to be with her ...

such a sweet love story! :lotsoflove:

SO, DO YOU WANT TO SHARE YOUR STORY???? :lotsoflove:

HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR B/F, G/F, WIFE, HUBBY???

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I was on business for an Engineering Convention last april(nerdy I know) but I walked in to my hotel, checked in and wanted a drink. Saw this gorgeous woman at the bar................................we are now dating!! And....when she graduates from college in a year, she is moving here, cant wait!!

3. Dave & Mo

Dave & Mo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, Mo and I met on a blind date. We met on Feb 7th, got engaged on March 7th and married on June 2nd ..... same year. Most people, including our families, said it was way too fast and it would never last ... LOL that was 1969 .... yes 37 yrs, 6 mo and 9 days later she still lights up my life!!

Dave :daveandmo:

Janie ...... you never said how you met Norb.

4. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greg and I both worked at a Marshalls while we were in high school. He was always smiling...a smile that melted my heart :lotsoflove: I had a secret crush on him and was really disapointed when he took another worker to a concert......so I thought I'd better make my move :shock: So I asked him out....he said yes :D Come to find out he had bought 2 tix to the concert in hopes of getting the nerve to ask me....but she ended up going as his friend :lol: :lol:

5 years later we were married :!: We now have 3 beautiful children and have been married for 19 years :D

5. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Met my husband at a bar on a dare. My friends dared me to go up and say something to one of a group of 6 really good looking guys, so I went up and told him "you are one nice looking guy, but those are some ugly shoes" and walked away. We were friends for about a year before we started dating and have been married 17 years. BTW he still seems to always buy the ugliest shoes. LOL

6. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I met mine at a bar! The first time I saw him, I was with a date and he had a beautiful buxom blond with him. I couldn't stop checking him out, there was something about him, but he wouldn't even LOOK my way! :? I wrote him off as someone I could never bring home to my parents, he had that "bad boy" rebel look.

A couple weeks later I saw him again, same bar, I was alone and he was alone. He was talking to a couple that I was friendly with so when I got them alone, I got them to introduce us! We clicked right away. Of course it took 8 years to get him to propose, but we've been married over 4 years already! :p

7. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great stories :!: :!:

Great idea Janie :cool: :!:

8. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I met Karen on an online dating site. I had just gotten out of a very long and relationship that ended with all the grace of a plane crash, and I was just looking to meet some people and go out and have some fun. We met up for our first blind date at a Japanese restaurant and it was love (and self-doubt) at first sight. I thought she was so beautiful and so far out of my league. Luckily she was thinking the same thing :D

Now its two years later and I am in love with the most wonderful person I know.

9. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dan & I met at the bar. He asked my girlfriend to dance but she said "no". He turned to ask me and I said "sure, why not?". Danced two songs then sat and talked until bar closed. We then went to a 24 hour coffee shop and talked until the sun came up. Good thing she said "no"!!!

Oh, it was also "nut & bolt" night at the bar -- guy gets a bolt and girl gets a nut when you walk in. You then have to find your "perfect match". Ours did not match, but 20+ years later that mis-matched nut & bolt sit on our mantle in front of our wedding picture.

10. AJ0527

AJ0527 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    through my sister.
    This was back in....2000.
    He actually hated me at first. Go figure someone hating me when they first meet me. :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice