How are people going to Coco Bongo since the renos?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by channel12, Mar 19, 2018.

1. channel12

channel12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    Hey folks, I know there are already a few threads regarding setting up nights out to Coco Bongo. My question is how are people doing it now that the activity staff is not promoting it through the hotel?

I know there are the Party Hopper/Party Bus options. Just checking if there are services that I have not heard of or what the best options would be. Out of the dozen or so times I have gone, it has always been with a group setup through whatever hotel I was staying at. Everyone I have talked to who just shows up to the front door and pays their entry has had a horrible time as it is so busy when you are not in a designated area. Therefore, I don't think I will chance that method. FYI, there will be minimum four of us.

Thanks in advance.

2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Those old days of 1/2 the resort going out to the clubs, be it with the ent staff to the nightly featured club, or folks going on there own to different spots are kind over.
    Back then TTR was quiet at night, after the show was done, and people dispersed, or lingered at the original Nice Shoes (which is now the Mexican Restaurant) with the DJ playing very limited songs.
    Once or twicd a week there would be a party at PaTyOs and people would stay at the hotel those nights.
    But otherwise, PatyOs was a boring quiet plaace for a drink and lite conversation, over the low soft elevator music on the muzak.

Today...Bash is nothing like that.
    Not sure if anyone leaves the Hotel at night.
    Many of the 'newer regulars' with multiple TTR trips, have never ever left the property, except perhaps on BC's

In fact we have done 29 nights since opening Day in August and the only people I know of who have left TTR at night.....is us!
    We often go to the city to biker/metal/rock bars to our yayas out and get a break from the repetitive TTT playlist.

So I think you may be on your own to CocoBongos unless you are able to organize a big group outing

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  3. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I absolutely love Coco Bongo, so I think it's worth missing onne night at TTR for. I agree that you sjould go with a group excursion-they get preferential treatment.

4. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    I was hoping to get a group together for Coco Bongo the week of Apr 14-23, but I didn't get much of response here (not that I tried very hard...just one post). How would I find an excursion to join? Would they pick us up from TTR? Have you done this, Laura? I've only ever gone with the TTR group when the resort had a bus go twice per week.

It seems strange to me that TTR no longer does this. Doesn't it seem like a good thing for the resort to get people off site at night, instead of drinking TTR's all-inclusive booze? :confused:

5. Cayman Rex

Cayman Rex Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    I'm planning on going next week if anyone is keen to join :)

6. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    With all due respect....the place you remember is not really TTR anymore.
    Things have changed over the last 4 or 5 years and so has the clientele.

Not much interst in going out to CoCo Bongo, when they still offerred it.
    And the ones who were interested would see at 11:00 departure time, how few were in the TTR group actually waiting, in the lobby and elect to bail on the idea and save the dough.
    Some nights towards the end it would 10 or 12 folks going and they used a passenger van instead of a coach like back in the day.
    Just wasn't worth the bother anymore I assume

I can omly surmise folks don't want to spend the extra cash what with TTR increased prices.
    Better to Stay in and drink all-inclusive and no worry to get transportation back.

7. Bunz_N_Gunz

Bunz_N_Gunz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Actually it's not too hard to set up. Best waybis to get 3-4 couples. Negotiate a good price for the girls. And the hotter the better. It comes into play later. If the girls dress hot slutty. But not scandalous when you get to coco bongo and ask for a good booth they want the hot girls to be visible.

You make sure you negotiate both the drive there AND the ride back. And push for good seats. Nothing on the floor. Tipping def helps as well. I usually drop 20 to the guy who leads you in. They will set you up with a great spot.

Have the guys tip 5 bucks a round and u will get great drink service.

Lol. Leave one person relatively sober enough to round everyone up for the 3am ride back.

Coco bongo is worth it.

8. Captain Blue Eyes

Captain Blue Eyes I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +419 / 0
    Coco's is always a great time.....but that also depends on your group and what you're looking for, IMHO.

I personally don't like getting stuck up in the "VIP" areas where drink service (and I'm a generous tipper) is sometimes weak and it's an excursion to get to the washrooms etc.
    We (using the royal "we") preferred to dance on the bar between acts and to facilitate that, a $20 to the guy leading us in, would put us right next to the floor bar and another $20 to the bartender ensured drinks rarely got to the bottom of the glass and the ladies were front and center on the bar when they wanted......or up on the stage at times.

It is best to establish your area (a group is easiest) and maintain some space for your self....but you're front and center for the shows and in the heart of the action!

A bus ride there is easy and a quick cab ride home work well.

9. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Thanks for the input, guys.

Every time I've gone to CB, it's been with Captain Blue Eyes, and it's great to be on the floor (and up on the bullpen bar).

Things have obviously changed a lot since I was last at the resort 5 years ago (and not just regarding Coco Bongo, I gather!). The resort could fill a coach for Coco Bongo twice per week. I went on the Coco Bongo site, and tickets are now $80, which I believe is quite a bit more than what I used to pay thru the TTR package, which included transportation. The price might have been a factor contributing to the waning interest. Maybe fears about street crime have also been an issue.

Bunz & Gunz, I'm not following you. Who am I negotiating with?? CB for the admission tix? Who do you use for transportation??

10. Bunz_N_Gunz

Bunz_N_Gunz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    There is always a CB rep you can get a hold of. They usually drop by the resort a couple of times a week. If u get 6-8 people it motivates them. Easy sale and explain that u want transportation and a good spot. Def along the sides tho. So u can see everything. Especially for people who have not been there. Being close to the floor u end up with a strained neck trying to see. So worth it for the sides. And then u can just walk down to the crazy if u want

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice