Hotels ... book in advance or last second?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancundude, Jan 23, 2007.

1. cancundude

cancundude Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My better half and I are going to Cancun in October for two weeks, and I am wondering how to get the best deals ...

by booking way in advance or by going for last-second deals?

We don't want to end up in a dodgy place and need to play it safe to some extent, but at the same time, the chance of saving a few hundreds does appeal.

Any suggestions, play it safe and book now to get the early bird discounts or book it last second?

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use Liberty Travel to book my trips. When I book in an office with an agent as opposed to booking over the net, I can put a deposit and take my time paying the trip off. So, I get locked into the rate of the package at the time of booking. But, if it goes down ip price by the time I leave I get the discount. If it goes up, my cost stays the same.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My two cents would be if it sounds like a good price on a hotel, book it. We actually did a package thru Expedia, we are going in Feb. but booked it in September. Right now the cost is about $1500. more than what we paid for, and not a good flight. Last year when we went we booked things seperate, but booked the hotel when we thought the price was right and it started to go up in price shortly after. That is my thought, we were going to try a last minute deal and we are very glad we didn't.

4. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow that sounds like a great deal. How far ahead do you usually book?

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Same thing for me when I book my air only on a charter.

If I book it through my travel agent I get any reduction in price that might occur. But I never have to pay more than the stated price at the time I pay my deposit.

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Usually about 6 to 9 months in advance. I am putting a deposit down today for our wedding-moon extravaganza in Mexico this coming July.

7. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where are you coming from?

Cancundude, Where are you coming from?

If Worry Free MLT flies out of your city, they have killer last minute deals at respectable properties. By last minute I mean a week to a month in advance. Air, hotel and transfers. Thay can also book any tours that interest you at a decent discount. We've traveled with them 5 times and thay have been excellent each time.

http://www.worryfreevacations.com/home

Jimmy

8. cancundude

cancundude Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm flying in from Canada. Maybe I should look into buying a package, is there much to save on that or is it best to break it down and shop things one by one?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice