Hotel Zone Restaurants (Budget)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by FloridaFun, Aug 26, 2010.

1. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, they are a now a part of Cancun's past. I was very upset about Pat O's

2. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I always liked sitting at slices too for a few drinks and watch the world go by

3. JMD

JMD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another vote for Fish Fritanga. We ate there last week and the food was very good and reasonably priced. The Shrimp Tacos ans ceviche were great, and awesome atmosphere.

4. Mobaldonado

Mobaldonado Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pericos and Senior Frogs are both great places and everyone there likes to have a great time PLUS great food!!!

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are several restaurants with low prices in the Hotel Zone, and of course in Centro (Downtown) as well. To add to your list of Hotel Zone options:

Casa Tequila
    Calenda Oaxaca
    Calypso's
    El Fish Fritanga
    Splash
    Santos Mariscos
    Taco Grill-at La Isla Shopping Village
    La Linda

In Centro (Downtown) you should certainly stroll around the Palapas Park neighborhood, between Av. Tulum and Av. Yaxchilan, south of Av. Uxmal. Some of my favorites include, but are not limited to:

Roots Jazz Club
    Gory Tacos
    El Poblano
    El Porton

For a more special dining experience, you may want to try something you absolutely cannot find in the US. I highly recommend the Mayan inspired fare at Labna. I can go on for several more paragraphs, as Cancun is home to literally hundreds of restaurants, in all price ranges and cuisine types. I hope this list is a good starting point, along with the others that are listed above.
    212eric-Author

6. ibizasue

ibizasue I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    perciho

perichos was my favourite downtown restaurant for the entertainment and food.. but it has been closed down for about 18 monthes I think. unless it has reopened...does anybody know??

7. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So what happend to Pat O Briens?

Will there be another Restaurant Club in the same spot or are they tearing down the whole building?

8. Dougout2424

Dougout2424 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We will miss the "old" Pat O's which was a fun place where we would always go for our first night dinner (that or Cenacolo). In 09 though the place was dead and the menu had been cut by about 80%. We were done then as it looked like they were actually getting ready to do something different :(

Does anyone know the name of a seafood place downtown that had the old name of the city of Vera Cruz? I went there in 2001 and can't remember the name???? :icon_eek:

9. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pericos is open again, and when I walked by in June, it looked like they were doing a pretty good amount of business.

I do not know the name right off the bat of the seafood place, where/what street was it located in Downtown?

212eric (Author)

10. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wasnt Pescadors was it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice